The Buzzards

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: The Buzzards

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Yeah, well Furiosa's an American,
Nux is an Englishmen,
Max - i have no idea what the hell he's meant to be with that ridiculous mix of everything,
And Slit is an Australian actor, speaking with a hybrid of Australian and American.
I love that we have no idea where it is!
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby The Boss » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 pm

are there a lot of ruskies down in Australia?
The Boss

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 pm

We're not real known for them, no.
Italian, Greek, Polish and German are the main 'anglo' immigrants in this country.
I live in Tasmania - the least multicultural of all the states and i have NEVER met one in my life down here, but the other Aussies may have stories to completely contradict me.

I think Russian was picked for the buzzards, cause it's such a rough, nasty, cool accent - it's mean as hell and menacing and those guys looked completely savage and scary.
rockatansky4073

Postby kravec201 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 am

Also in comic book, Bullet Farmer was a Russian
kravec201

Postby Artemis Flow » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:45 am

Could the Russians be the remnants of an invading army ? , after all someone had to drop the bombs :geek:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby The Boss » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:42 am

Artemis Flow wrote:Could the Russians be the remnants of an invading army ? , after all someone had to drop the bombs :geek:

yeah, I like this angle, kinda Red Dawn-ish
The Boss

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Artemis Flow wrote:Could the Russians be the remnants of an invading army ? , after all someone had to drop the bombs :geek:

Absolutely - soldiers left behind, trapped or chose to stay and loot or make their own way.
I mean nowadays it would probably be some Middle eastern army though, but in the 80's it was that 'Russian threat'.
rockatansky4073

Postby Turbofurball » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:51 am

rockatansky4073 wrote:I mean nowadays it would probably be some Middle eastern army though, but in the 80's it was that 'Russian threat'.
Ukraine could argue about that, lol
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby kravec201 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:44 am

Turbofurball wrote:
rockatansky4073 wrote:I mean nowadays it would probably be some Middle eastern army though, but in the 80's it was that 'Russian threat'.
Ukraine could argue about that, lol

Off course :mrgreen:
kravec201

Postby verluxt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I appreciate the welcome! Thank you.

I also appreciate the new tidbits of information. I had only found a little bit of information about them, but I learned a couple new things here in this thread that make me feel a little better. Eases the obsession a little bit for the time being, haha.
Every scene of the movie is my favorite, but I do love the Buzzard attack scenes best about the entire chase. They were so ruthless. Obviously killed off really easily up against the War Rig, but I appreciated their brazenness and their car weaponry. The saws and spikes all over the Buzzard cars and truck were completely barbaric and medieval, and I'm very into that.

Ohh, I love the idea of the Buzzards being remnants from an invading army (hope that's true,) and I think them being Russian makes me even more fascinated in them for reasons unknown to me. Waiting impatiently for August for the comic issue that will hopefully expose more about them.
rockatansky4073 wrote:I think Russian was picked for the buzzards, cause it's such a rough, nasty, cool accent - it's mean as hell and menacing and those guys looked completely savage and scary.

I agree with this! When they spoke I couldn't put a finger on the language at the time, but when I play it back in my head all I can think is that it sounded kind of vicious and removed from society. Not even that it was Russian necessarily, but the tone and the way it was spoken

I also loved the Vuvalini tribe, but failed to mention them in my original post. They're equally badass.

Anyway, thank you for all the information provided here. I am glad some people share in my fascination with them and their cars. Will keep watching this thread and other threads and maybe even participate a little since I am now a full-blown Mad Max fan. I was before Fury Road, but it's MUCH more intense now because I'm excited about the expansion of this universe.

Also I'll properly quote people next time, I just had so much catching up to do on this thread!
verluxt

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road