The Buzzards

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

The Buzzards

Postby verluxt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:26 pm

I've gone to see Mad Max: Fury Road a few times now, but can't get a good look at the Buzzards when they pull up and speak before attacking the War Rig. I observed them for a fleeting moment, but my memory fails me. I know there's at least a 4 second shot of them inside their car. I'm really interested/obsessed with them and their vehicles. If anyone has a picture of them in that scene, that would be wonderful. I only have the concept art of them to go on (which is close but still not 100% what they looked like in the movie.) I also have a couple pictures of them when they were exposed from having their roof torn off, but they aren't high quality/zoomed in, so it's not much help.
Thought I'd ask here just in case someone has anything for me to go on! I'd be surprised if anyone had a capture, but I'm hopeful.

I'm dying for more elaboration on all the tribes in general. I loved the Bullet Farmers, the Gas Town gang, the Buzzards, and the Citadel army/War Boys. Can't wait to see it again soon.

Thanks for any help!
verluxt

Re: The Buzzards

Postby Artemis Flow » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi welcome to the forum , you know as much as us on this one , all I can add is that they are speaking Russian and someone mentioned they live underground , but they do have some wicked vehicles , the Buzzard attack scene rates as one of my favourite from the film especially when the excavator truck comes into the chase :twisted:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby Taipan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Maybe this link will help:

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/The_Buzzards

Artemis Flow wrote:someone mentioned they live underground

The place they live in is called The Sunken City and I think someone mentioned here on the forum that this city is covered in sand and The Buzzards found a bunch of relatively new car parts that they sell to Immortan Joe? It's mentioned on the official site that they are merchants trading scrap. Max goes to their city to get a Boss 351 engine for his car and fails to rescue Glory The Child from The Buzzards. That's all I know about those guys.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Nightwalker » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:33 am

Here is the quote of my post where I told how the Buzzards probably live and the Immortan gang get there parts.

Nightwalker wrote:
blackmocco wrote:We know he's encountered the Buzzards before anyway. According to the comic prequel, that's where he encounters (and obviously fails to save) Glory.

I agree. And according to the art of book, the Buzzards live underground. On the cover of the second Mad Max comic you can see Max with a little girl on his back inside an old building.
The art of book also stated that the Immortan gang has all those new car parts from a store/warehouse they found underground. Everything is covered with sand now. So the Buzzards probably live inside big public buildings (hence the pay phone on the cover) of a town or city that is now completely covered with sand.
The girl probably belongs to a group that has been kidnapped by the Buzzards and held 'underground'. The connection of Max with those people (I thought at least 3 in his flashbacks. Girl, mother? and Aboriginal) has yet to be told by the comic.

In the art of book it is indeed also stated that George Miller wanted the Buzzards to be Russians. And they are completely covered with rags or bandages because of a skin defect / disease.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Postby Taipan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:46 am

Awesome, thanks for the info, Nightwalker!
Taipan

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:54 am

hehehe The 'Russian' debate ;)
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby kravec201 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:30 am

In Russian dubbed Fury Road, Buzzards speaking on German :D
kravec201

Postby TheWarriorMax » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:55 pm

kravec201 wrote:In Russian dubbed Fury Road, Buzzards speaking on German :D

Heh, I guess that makes sense, I mean if everyone else in the movie is speaking Russian and the Buzzards do as well, it just doesn't have the intended effect.
TheWarriorMax

Postby The Boss » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Aight! I'm throwing the gauntlet down here! Buzzards speak Russian and why? :ugeek: :lol:

The Boss

Postby Taipan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:45 pm

The Boss wrote:Aight! I'm throwing the gauntlet down here! Buzzards speak Russian and why? :ugeek: :lol:

For the same reason people have different accents in the movie - to throw in some diversity and keep things as vague as possible about the location. From a purely theoretical perspective, however:
If the movie is set in Australia (which I think it is) it might just be a band of Russian immigrants or their descendants.
Taipan

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road