That's a goof! (WARNING! SPOILERS, maybe)

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

That's a goof! (WARNING! SPOILERS, maybe)

Postby Nightwalker » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Every film has them, goofs. On IMDb there are already some goofs listed for FR.
On witch I think the one about the rolling of the war rig is not correct. I saw the movie a third time yesterday, but I remembered the truck bouncing of some low rocks with his right wheel when Nux steers hard right.

But seeing it again for the third time I think this must be clearly a goof. After the sandstorm Furiosa is clearing the air filter by banging on it with a wrench (or something). But why does it have classical truck air filters when the two engines have superchargers on top with air scoops without (I presume) air filters?

What other goofs did you guys discover?
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Re: That's a goof! (WARNING! SPOILERS, maybe)

Postby Taipan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:53 am

Yeah there's definitely a some sort of a rock ramp that Nux steers into, so the truck doesn't flip just because he turned the wheel.

A few things I noticed: when Max pulls the arrow from his head, the tip of the arrow is stuck to his forehead but later it disappears completely.
When Furiosa's banging on the air filter with a wrench she punches a hole in it, it's not visible later on.

And the one that really stuck out to me: Toast counts 4 bullets for the sniper rifle.
When Max shoots it the first time at the Bullet Farmer she says "You've got 2 more left". Which would mean she counted them wrong, there were 3 bullets for the rifle.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Artemis Flow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:56 am

Furiosa shot the 2 guys on the bike with bullet number one just after Cheedo tries to run away , then Max wastes 2 on the Bullet Farmer from my recollection
Max still has the arrow in his hand when he gets into the People Eaters truck and he slams it on the door to pop it out ( seen the movie for the 4th time yesterday :mrgreen: )
Last edited by Artemis Flow on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby Taipan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 am

Artemis Flow wrote:Furiosa shot the 2 guys on the bike with bullet number one just after Cheedo tries to run away , then Max wastes 2 on the Bullet Farmer from my recollection

Yeah but that was before she told Toast to count the bullets. Right after they got through the passage and Splendid was killed they stopped because the engine was overheating and Cheedo ran towards the bikers - that's when Furiosa took them out. Then they jumped back in the truck and drove away - on their way Toast counted 4 bullets.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Artemis Flow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:00 am

Now my brain hurts lol
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby levcore » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:08 am

I thought Toast only counted 3 bullets for the sniper rifle.
levcore

Postby Furiosa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Last edited by Furiosa on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All of life's questions can be answered by MOVIE MAGIC
Furiosa

Postby brokenhill » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Maybe the side Air filters are for when they close the blowers butterfly's and there's a switch to redirect the intake flow?
brokenhill

Postby TheWarriorMax » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:15 pm

brokenhill wrote:
brokenhill wrote:Maybe the side Air filters are for when they close the blowers butterfly's and there's a switch to redirect the intake flow?

But seeing it again for the third time I think this must be clearly a goof. After the sandstorm Furiosa is clearing the air filter by banging on it with a wrench (or something). But why does it have classical truck air filters when the two engines have superchargers on top with air scoops without (I presume) air filters?

What other goofs did you guys discover?

brokenhill wrote:Maybe the side Air filters are for when they close the blowers butterfly's and there's a switch to redirect the intake flow?

I was going to say they redirected those into the cab to keep them cool when the windows are up :). Although, now I can't recall if it had windows to put up. Did they roll up the windows before entering the dust storm?
TheWarriorMax

Postby Ol' Coyote » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:14 am

Artemis Flow wrote:Max still has the arrow in his hand when he gets into the People Eaters truck and he slams it on the door to pop it out ( seen the movie for the 4th time yesterday :mrgreen: )

not in his hand, but the tip of the arrow in his head magically disappears after he jumped to the People Eater's truck/limo/whatever it is.
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road