N2 Toys gone Broke

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby XAMan » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:51 am

I just got an email from customer service at actionfigure express letting me know that as N2 Toys had gone out of business the 12" Mad Max figures I had on order would not be produced ... boo hoo!

After the bagging I took over buying 'dolls' .... they're not dolls ... they're action figures ...
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:56 pm

As I explained to a friend of mine who ribbed ME about MY "Dolls" in my collection...

"The difference between 'DOLLS' and 'ACTION FIGURES' is Dolls can co-exist PEACEFULLY, and Action Figures... Can NOT"
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:31 am

DAMN DAMN DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN >:( i knew it i friggin knew it ,it was them other stupid ass figures they made they shoulda stuck to the good ones i.e Matrix,Hardened and The Road Warrior..........sigh.....oh well..at least i managed to collect all the road warrior figures the lil ones anyway jeeez what a F#cking bummer :(

Bart
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby FalconGTHO » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:12 am

ImageDoes anyone have "Max with dog" figures in the package for sale? I need/want two. Never could get them at the store and I havent bothered with EBay.

Also, did Series 2 get made that had Todie, Golden Youth, Bad Cop, etc? What about the car model that was supposed to be made? Was it?
Any damage Goose? Nothing a year in the tropics wouldnt fix. You should see the damage Bronze. Metal damage, brain damage, I AM the NIGHT RIDAHH!!! A fuel injected suiCIDE masheen!
FalconGTHO

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Interdictor » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 pm

Yes, series 2 was made, (I got all 4) to my knowledge, the interceptor was never released for sale. I wish I had an extra Max to sell. Ebay is probably your best bet. (better hurry though, with N2 out of business the price/worth of these guys may go up!) You may also want to try Suncoast video(s), Sam Goody, Musicland, Electronics Botique, or Software Etc. I have seen the figures for sale at all of the above at one time or another and somewhat recently the Suncoast an hour from me was closeout saleing theirs! ($5 each)

On an interesting note, I have a mis-packaged series 1. It is the Max that is supposed to be packaged with Dog (Injured Max, I believe. Can't remember for sure) only he is packaged with the Feral Kid. I wonder what that'll be worth?
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Mitch » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:14 pm

Not to gloat, but I have a Warrior Woman in the package signed by Virginia Hey. She graciously signed it for me at a Sci/Fi convention. She is a very sweet and charming woman.

As an aside, she also signed the passenger sunvisor of my Mach1 "Interceptor". The following dialogue accompanied the signing...

Mitch's Friend: "You know by signing that that you've virtually doubled the value of the car?"

Ms. Hey: "But I only charge $10-20 for my autograph."

Mitch's Friend: "Like I said, you've doubled the value of the car."

No respect...

Mitch
Mitch

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby FalconGTHO » Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:34 am

ImageHow long has Series Two been out? Where can I get them?
Any damage Goose? Nothing a year in the tropics wouldnt fix. You should see the damage Bronze. Metal damage, brain damage, I AM the NIGHT RIDAHH!!! A fuel injected suiCIDE masheen!
FalconGTHO

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Mitch » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:17 am

Several months, Falcon. Long enuf to go on clearance. Try Toys 'R us, your local comic book/gaming store and refer to Interdictor's post above. I got mine at Suncoast Video, but they're gone locally xcept for TRU.

Mitch
Mitch

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby FalconGTHO » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:21 am

Imagesh*t. Ive been checking Tru up until mid summer or so and I NEVER saw Series 2.
FalconGTHO

N2 Toys gone Broke

Postby Interdictor » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:00 am

My sister back in denver said that (somewhere) was having a sidewalk sale and had a Series 1 Gyro captain, and all of series 2 except Max for $1 each! she got me an extra Todie, and was going to go back and see if she could get the others. If she is successful, I would be willing to part with them very reasonably. I'll let you know what she got as soon as I talk to her next.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Next

Return to Models and Modelling