MAD MAX Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Re: MAD MAX Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

Postby mahenoguy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 pm

I agree with you Seriz regarding the original comment , it was disrespectful considering that most of the people he would have preferred to hear from have also disappeared into obscurity . I think Joanne's performance was under-rated and she should receive the same respect as the other lead characters at least . as to suggesting Taipan should step down , it is his job as moderator to try and keep things civil , and he didn't actually give his opinion on the original comment , he may have been just as offended as you for all we know . I hate being told to "Settle down "when I'm really passionate about something so I understand your issue , but without the input of a moderator , these things can very quickly get out of hand , which in turn can be counterproductive as it can scare off other fans who want to have civil discussion about their favourite film .
P.s your mural on the Mad Max Museum is with out a doubt the finest piece of Mad Max art I have ever seen...just awesome man !
mahenoguy

Postby seriz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm

You're right, but I'm shocked to read such a horrible stuff, on a Mad Max forum... I can understand that sometimes, people can be ignorant and stupid. But for me the real issue wasn't the evident stupidity of this comment, but the huge disrespect for Joanne Samuel. I can't believe that the moderation can let this kind of stuff on such a forum...

At the end I am disappointed of the content of this bluray. But I'm really interested to know what Gibson, Samuel AND EGGBY, have to say...

PS: Thanx mate ;)
seriz

Postby Taipan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:05 am

seriz,

Like mahenoguy said, I'm not taking sides in this argument as a moderator, my job as a moderator is to keep things civil on this forum. And it's not my job to start censoring whenever people take personal offense because of opinions or indirect remarks about 3rd parties.

Now, If you want to know my opinion on this subject as a regular user of this forum:
Yes, it is disrespectful to say those things about Joanne, but so is calling a person a 'shithead' for saying that. There's no need to escalate this even further. End of story.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby henry2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm a sucker for any new bonus material, like the new interviews, so I preordered this from amazon. It's supposed to arrive on it's release day, I'm looking forward to it!
henry2

Postby DGSimo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:48 pm

henry2 wrote:I'm a sucker for any new bonus material, like the new interviews, so I preordered this from amazon. It's supposed to arrive on it's release day, I'm looking forward to it!

Get it directly from Shout Factory:
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/actio ... -s-edition

It's cheaper than Amazon, you get it 2 weeks early and get a poster of the awesome cover art.
DGSimo

Postby henry2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:53 pm

DGSimo wrote:
henry2 wrote:I'm a sucker for any new bonus material, like the new interviews, so I preordered this from amazon. It's supposed to arrive on it's release day, I'm looking forward to it!

It's cheaper than Amazon, you get it 2 weeks early and get a poster of the awesome cover art.

Thanks for the info my friend! :)I'll cancel my order from amazon and order from shout factory. I don't know how I missed that, I feel like an idiot. :roll:
henry2

Postby henry2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:50 pm

DGSimo wrote:

DGSimo, I didn't get around to canceling my Amazon order yet, but the other day I got an email from Amazon telling me it will arrive on Wednesday, April 1st! I hope it's true and not a mistake. :)
henry2

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:17 pm

As much as i bitch about no new extras on these releases, no matter what's on it, i'm a collector and i'll still buy any version on any format that comes out.
I still collect all three films on video tape from around the world 8-)
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby biolumen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 am

The completist in me will probably spring for this as well.

I see that Tim Ridge is in the credits. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he's the guy behind the mysterious 'Madness of Max' documentary.
biolumen

Postby Bad cop » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 am

Tim Ridge was originally interviewed for the "Mad Max: The Film Phenomenon" documentary on the original MGM special edition. He was also part of the commentary for the same release.
"Between them and us, there's not enough runway!"
Bad cop

PreviousNext

Return to General Movie Discussion