DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF MAD MAX 2 NOVEL.

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF MAD MAX 2 NOVEL.

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 pm

This is one Geeky post, but fuck it, it's about MAD MAX and if you're no geek on this subject, you don't belong here :D

Okay, i have 5 copies of the MAD MAX 2 novel.
whenever i see them, i snap em up immediately cause they're getting so rare now.

All 5 of them are identical -
Publishing year 1985.
125 pages.
Full colour front and back cover and right in the middle 16 pages containing 22 black and white photos from the film.

Today i received a MAD MAX 2 novel in the mail and at first glance it was identical to the other 5 i have, until i noticed the publishing date was 1982.
Then i was amazed to find the inside was completely different!!!

The story was identical, but it was 136 pages instead of the 125 and had COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PHOTOS THROUGHOUT IT!!!
25 pages of photos scattered throughout the story to fit in with where the story went. Some of them screengrabs, some of them publicity poses.
But about 5 of these photos i had NEVER seen before ANYWHERE!

If i could figure out how to put up pics i'd take some photos and show you guys.

This may not be news to any of you - you may all have 2 copies of both versions, but i tell ya what, i've been collecting MAD MAX related merch since i was 9 years old and i find it insane i have never come across this first edition of the book before and amazed noone has ever brought it up :o

It's not even from another country, it's just another Australian release, so what the hell, man?

I guess the 1985 edition i've been finding everywhere was released when THUNDERDOME came out as like a cash in (ya notice all the MAD MAX stuff we're seeing out there now because of FURY ROAD? - saw a bluray boxset in Jb hi-fi the other day that seemed very coincidental).
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Re: DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF MAD MAX 2 NOVEL.

Postby seriz » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 pm

and the french edition had different pictures and a whole different (but really crappy) story...
seriz

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:42 pm

NOWAY???
Is it the original script version, where Wez kills Humungus and Max chases him in the Lone wolf machine etc?
Or different again?
rockatansky4073

Postby seriz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 am

It's a novel freely inspired by the movie written by the french rock critic Philippe Manoeuvre (also creator of the magazine Metal Hurlant / Heavy Metal)...
But it's really bad... After you can find the book on ebay for a very cheap price. (Edition : J'ai lu)

http://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... u&_sacat=0
seriz

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 am

WOW!!!
I had no idea.
I gotta get one now.
rockatansky4073

Postby PacificMuscle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:49 am

I have a copy of the French version signed by the author for the continuity person on MM Beyond Thunderdome.
Lingerie ... remember Lingerie ...

Pete
PacificMuscle

Postby Stef-Man » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:16 am

PacificMuscle wrote:I have a copy of the French version signed by the author for the continuity person on MM Beyond Thunderdome.

It doesn't surprise me, because Philippe Manoeuvre, the author of the french novelization, was one of the two LES ENFANTS DU ROCK journalists, with Jean-Pierre Dionnet, allowed to go on the Beyond Thunderdome set ;)
Stef-Man

Return to General Movie Discussion