MAD MAX Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Re: MAD MAX Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

Postby rustycarr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Stamper wrote:I'm sure he never wore that helmet in the original film either -- just give it a little leeway next time...

Ive always thought this picture looks like Goose not Max
V8
rustycarr

Postby DGSimo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 pm

They've revealed the special features..
http://www.trulydisturbing.com/2015/02/ ... y-details/
he extravagant cult road film “MAD MAX” is finally getting that special treatment that Scream Factory does so well. New interviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel, and director of photography David Eggby. Two docs, trailers, TV spots, it even includes both the original Australian audio track and the English dubbed. Seven kinds of awesome. “MAD MAX” will release on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray May, 2015 for $19.97. Those who order directly from ShoutFactory.com get it shipped two weeks early and an exclusive 18″x24″ poster. Get excited.

MAD MAX COLLECTOR’S EDTION BLU-RAY

Special Features:

NEW Interviews with Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel and Director of Photography David Eggby
Audio Commentary by Art Director Jon Dowding, Director of Photography David Eggby, Special Effects Artist Chris Murray and Tim Ridge
Mel Gibson: The Birth Of A Superstar
Mad Max: The Film Phenomenon
Theatrical Trailers
TV Spots
Photo Galleries
Contains Both the Original Australian English Audio and the U.S. English Dubbed Audio

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (2.35:1)/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Australian English DTS-HD Master Audio Mono/U.S. English Dubbed DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

1980/Color/93 minutes/English Subtitles

DGSimo

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:04 pm

A little disappointing that there arn't any new Documentaries on it - (we've already seen Film phenomenon and Birth of a star) - like surely they coulda dug up something else in the 13 years since the last Special edition was released, but damn i'm looking forward to those interviews with Mel and Joanne.
The Scream Factory website says if you pre-order now, you will get a mini poster of that new killer artwork - WHILE STOCKS LAST! :o
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby TheFilmist » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah, this is disappointing. I'm not spending twenty bucks on what's basically the same exact DVD release package as last time because they got an interview with Mel Gibson, and found time to resurrect Joanne Samuel from whatever tollboth she's been working in for the last thirty years.

Seriously - where is my collecter's edition of The Road Warrior, already? With, you know - actual bonus features that matter? The commentary by Miller and Semler on the last Blu-Ray release is great, but like - go interview Terry Hayes, or get the cast and crew back together, or give us a retrospective of the film's influence on post-apocalyptica and action filmmaking, or a documentary about the stunt-work, or even a general making of. Include the alternate takes and angles from the Lost TV edition, or George Miller's UNSW talk about Joseph Campbell, which is pretty relevent. Something, I mean my god. It's been thirty years, and it's one of the most influential films of the eighties.
TheFilmist

Postby seriz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:30 pm

and found time to resurrect Joanne Samuel from whatever tollboth she's been working in for the last thirty years.

what you mean ? I'm from France and I don't understand english very well... So I hope the feeling I have about this sentence is just because of my lack of understanding... and not because you're an asshole...
seriz

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 am

TheFilmist wrote:Yeah, this is disappointing. I'm not spending twenty bucks on what's basically the same exact DVD release package as last time because they got an interview with Mel Gibson, and found time to resurrect Joanne Samuel from whatever tollboth she's been working in for the last thirty years.

Seriously - where is my collecter's edition of The Road Warrior, already? With, you know - actual bonus features that matter? The commentary by Miller and Semler on the last Blu-Ray release is great, but like - go interview Terry Hayes, or get the cast and crew back together, or give us a retrospective of the film's influence on post-apocalyptica and action filmmaking, or a documentary about the stunt-work, or even a general making of. Include the alternate takes and angles from the Lost TV edition, or George Miller's UNSW talk about Joseph Campbell, which is pretty relevent. Something, I mean my god. It's been thirty years, and it's one of the most influential films of the eighties.

YOU GOT IT BUDDY!!!

Though i'll still be buying that part 1 bluey, cause i wanna see what the both of them have to say.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby DGSimo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:38 pm

seriz wrote:
and found time to resurrect Joanne Samuel from whatever tollboth she's been working in for the last thirty years.

what you mean ? I'm from France and I don't understand english very well... So I hope the feeling I have about this sentence is just because of my lack of understanding... and not because you're an asshole...

It's more or less the latter. As in she disappeared in to obscurity and is only known for Mad Max is one way of putting it. lol

Anyways the release is a pass for me. It's the same MGM release only with those extra interviews and a much nicer cover art but thats hardly worth double dipping for.
DGSimo

Postby seriz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:32 pm

It's more or less the latter. As in she disappeared in to obscurity and is only known for Mad Max is one way of putting it. lol

So what ? First, the obscurity is just your ignorance of what she did. Second, who cares on a mad max doco about what she have done since ? You want what ? A Mel Gibson's interview about Braveheart or the Passion of the Christ ? Or an interview about Mad Max.
Maybe Joanne Samuel have interesting things to say ? Don't you think ? I understand the disappointment of this release, but the issue is about the lack of material, not because there's Joanne Samuel...
I can understand that some random people don't give a shit about her interview, but here we are on a mad max fan forum... I am much more interested in what Joanne said than in the stupid stuff The Filmist said. This is for me a lack of respect to say this kind of bullshit. How many time did you hear Joanne Samuel speak about the movie, read an interview ? I made an interview with her and she has a lot of anecdotes & stories to tell... You really must be a shithead without any respect to say that kind of shit : "found time to resurrect Joanne Samuel from whatever tollboth she's been working in for the last thirty years."
If you're not interested in what the lead actress have to say, and if you cannot show at least the minimum respect she deserves, what do you do on a "fan" forum ?!
seriz

Postby Taipan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Let's not jump at each other's throats plz.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby seriz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:28 pm

it's not a question of that, it's a question of insulting and showing no respect to the main actress of the movie we're all here for. If you cannot understand that, or if this kind of stuff doesn't bother you, first i'm really disappointing, second, what do you do with your name in green ?
We don't have to jump to each other's throat, but we can say stupid things about nice people like J. Samuel. Come on... This is not an issue for you to say stuff like that about her ? She's on internet, what if she come here and see what so called "fan" have to say about her ?

After if you don't give a shit about this, OK, but I remind you that your name's in green... If you think that I call The Filmist "an ignorant idiot" is worst than what he said about Joanne Samuel... I think you should resign and let the administration about this forum to someone else.
seriz

PreviousNext

Return to General Movie Discussion