no Mad Max recut?

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

no Mad Max recut?

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:59 pm

How come no one's bothered to try and clean up and fix Mad Max? I've seen plenty for other films, most of which don't need one, or have an official Director's Cut. even MM2 has a fan edit. Max 1 has plenty of bad edits and poorly cued music that a recut has plenty of potential. anyone thought about a recut of this classic?
aussie muscle

Re: no Mad Max recut?

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:18 pm

They did quite well when MadMax went to DVD, colors much brighter and different.
Only thing was at the end they lost some audio when Max was dragging Johnny the Boy!
And the crappy explosion sound effect when he drove off.

I think leaving it a little rough is fine, though some audio (when people are speaking) is a little low and drowned out sometimes by other noises.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Re: no Mad Max recut?

Postby MFP_1138 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 am

I could see cleaning up the audio. I know the dialogue from watching it so many times, but a newcomer might have trouble with some of it since it's uneven in many scenes. I would also say they should turn down the music in those scenes somewhat rather than re-time it to the action.

But otherwise, I say leave it alone. It's a product of it's time, but also far ahead of it's time...all at the same time. :D
"He's in a coma, man. He loves it."
MFP_1138

Return to General Movie Discussion