'63 Chrysler Imperial for XB Coupe

People come here to trade, do a little business. If you've got nothing to trade you've got no business in Bartertown. (Buy / Sell / Swap / etc)

Postby OzHemi » Wed May 24, 2006 7:26 pm

I think you would probably get a bite on it in Oz.. I have shipped a few large Desoto's over lately of the same era (always shipped alot of large GM cars, but the early Mopars have picked up abit lately) I don't normally deal in them perse, but a few guys I deal with have been buying them.. They sure fill up a container fast, ha ha.

One guy who I have shipped 4 Desoto's over for lately is actually coming here next week to look around for a few other goodies for me to ship back for him. Be happy to show him some pics of your Imp if you like, see if we can get a bite.. (then you could just buy a coupe with the money..)
OzHemi

Postby Mitch » Mon May 29, 2006 6:49 am

By all means, please show him. I have shop manuals and stuff to go with it too. Basically, I need another XB coupe way more than I need the Imperial. At 22 ft. long, I suppose they do fill up the container. Might sink the ship...

Thanks!

Mitch
Mitch

Postby OzHemi » Mon May 29, 2006 7:11 am

Can you email me some good pics of it, inside and out ?

Never know at least.. Image
OzHemi

Postby DetritusMaximus » Tue May 30, 2006 5:08 am

OZ-

If you work out a deal with Mitch, an XB for the Queen Mary, toss a late 70's Holden Gemini fastback (with fender flares into the XB trunk for me!
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby OzHemi » Tue May 30, 2006 6:25 am

I have Torrie hatch back on the way here right now with flares..that close enough? LOL...
OzHemi

Postby DetritusMaximus » Tue May 30, 2006 6:45 pm

I'd love a Torana, but the Gemini is the same shell as the Opel Kadett C......................................................

how much did you say for the Torana?
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby OzHemi » Tue May 30, 2006 8:28 pm

The plan for the Torrie is to head back to Oz actually, lol..

I am doing the drivetrain and etc, swap here, then back to Melbourne for paint and trim. Might send it back again or just play with it there, have not decided. If you were interested in it as it was though (202/4 speed and nice solid car) I can work something out price wise for you
OzHemi

Postby DetritusMaximus » Wed May 31, 2006 2:05 am

Hmmm.....soooo tempting, but I kind of like being married. For now...

I just figured a Gemini in the trunk of an XB just might slip past customs as they might mistake it for a Falcon 'in the larval form'. Tucked into it's mother's pouch, much like a 'roo.

Send me an email at: opelbits@yahoo.com

I'm interested to know what kind of shipping rates you are getting. I do have a few items I'm interested in acquiring (some wheels/parts/motors and eventually a car, maybe a Falcon or Torana) but getting them here can be a problem. The possibility of going thru someone who packs and unpacks his own containers has some appeal.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby OzHemi » Wed May 31, 2006 2:27 am

No problem... I ship all sorts of stuff. In the container coming now I have 1 car for a customer actually, then 3 of mine, about 8 engines, and heaps of other spares.. so general frieght is just normal for me (I do quite alot of general frieght shipping to Oz.) Like you mentioned, I do my own loading and unloading which is nice..least keep track of what I have and how I squeeze it all in, lol..

Just FYI.. I charge US$3000 to bring a car from Melbourne to here in LA...
OzHemi

Postby DetritusMaximus » Wed May 31, 2006 2:31 am

$3k ain't bad.

Much to think about....
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

PreviousNext

Return to Bartertown