grand theft auto mods and more

Computer games, role playing games, online games...

Re: grand theft auto mods and more

Postby lord humungus » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 pm

basic update. thanks to google 3d warehouse the plane jebadiah used in thunderdome is very possible. I also found a crapload of refs and thanks to some fine modelers I have found interior shots of the plane so we'll be making it and I may start on it soon.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I am drumming up support for work on the Grand Theft Auto Mod trying to see if anyone still cares enough on the Gta forums to make this project work finishing in terms of me doing it publicly. no one here seems to care much no matter if I post actual 3D progress or not. even if these models could be used in the future to make great games of the movies we care about. no I am not mad just saying. probably close this topic off and move it off to modeling if I see that no one cares anymore within the end of next year.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:23 pm

on the old GTAFORUMS no one cared anymore.

but I did meet someone who does care and he has a small team working on the models that were done before. I shall see about doing some more model work soon too. will post results.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm

A team has been found. I am looking at starting off with some Thunderdome stuff like the air truck. a decent air truck doesn't look that hard to make. the interrior will have to be made since the mesh I am looking at for reference is a solid model. will have to make the windows myself and then go from there. shouldn't hard I do have some blueprints I found to help me make the plane work. and with a good skinning the plan will shine on as my probable next mesh.

even if the team faulters (as per usual I swear this project has a curse on it) I will make a collection and I make export to sketchup so I can upload to 3d warehouse so that our project may live on in future generations or future projects. people have already been stealing our mods and by now it's impossible to claim any sort of owner ship or stop them. besides it's kinda flattering that people like our works that much.

the project as it stands will be for GTA vice city. but with time I might be able to convert them to San andreas and eventually to GTA IV. I would love to do it for GTA V. but the problem is two fold. 1. no garuantee gta 5 will be ported to pc yet. 2. I am not sure my computer would run GTA V.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Progress!!!!

Thunderdome Air Truck

http://aaron-deneau.tumblr.com/

well shoot I cannot share my photos on here maybe I have to upload them one at a time to be able to show you but to put it bluntly all I have to do is the body,doors,windows and landing gear assembly. last one would be the flaps and then I have to look at any damage parts that need be modeled. progress is getting done.

Update. I really didn't get much done today. that said however I did go back and screenshot the hell out of thunderdome for the plane. I noticed 2 odd things.

1. there is an odd box vent on one side only that is not stock for the plane. seems odd..it's placed on the right side looking from the front and is placed where a oval shaped vent would be. only it's places forward not back like an airscoop of a car. not sure if that was intentional or not. but it appears on no normal Air Truck model that was made or sold.

2. the passanger/cargo hold door is gone. must be for low level flying because good luck getting a pressurized cabin with no door. not to mention that it would also leave the cocpit vulnerable since it's a through way between the pilot seat and the passanger area. I guess that's a given and clearly they did fly the plane it's just...weird. but one less detail to model since my model will likely be the most accurate of any representation including the one from the Microsoft Flight simulator.

sadly the work I had done on the cabin was mostly correct and I deleted it thinking I was going in the wrong direction. pays to find back and front refs of the model or you can be turned around very quickly.

beyond this I am not looking to do much more then the cow car,the mack train,and max's truck. I can kinda see I can get some okay refs of anuty's car but it's a mess trying to follow all those pipes. so thunderdome will honestly be the lightest of the 4 (5 if you can the sequel forsia) movies that will make the sum total of what can be modeled given the refs available for the vehciles in the game.

I have not heard much more from the team yet and I might go back to ascendance forms for help as well. seeing how I have forgotten most of the work I used to do with vehicles in this game. in the future I am likely to find a place to host the models and mods so that future games could have a chance at playing with these wonderful vehicles and I am looking very much forward to working on Fury road Vehicles. the rigs especially should be interesting.

so consider this a restart of the mod and permanent one at that. nothing baring family tradgedy will bar me from finishing what I started. would be cool to one day port some of these vehicles into a game like half life 2. well a modeler can dream can't they?

will probably translate a lot of the models I have done and will do over to sketchup (since sketch and max tend to be friends) and upload to 3D warehouse on google. I like that place lots of nice models. because in the end people stole a lot of our models and never gave credit. everntually the models are for the fans and so I have made it so that in the future no one will likely know who did all these years worth of work. they will know that it was done with love and care and they won't won't have to struggle for quality mods like a lot of us have. though I must thank Aussiemuscle. both for his pioneering work in early games to his lending of both models for refernece and photo refs of his wonderful model work. thanks to him we really getting some work done in mad max and road warrior.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

Further progress http://www.tumblr.com/blog/aaron-deneau

nearing completion of the Air Truk from Mad Max 3. also on there is my start on the Gigahorse. will be also moving forward to get the compound done. it's mostly where you guys saw it last. just trying to move forward as I said there is no more "I quit." it's till it's done. and maybe some of these will be featured in other games in the future.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 am

since tumbler no longer seems happy with letting me host pictures and then post them on forums went back to my old photo bucket. so here is the progress I am working on now for your viewing pleasure.

Air Truck as she stands

and my start on the Gigahorse:

as fas as the air truck goes
I need to finish the prop for the plane
finish the front end landing gear assembly
remake the back flaps so that they work and are seperate
make the flaps for the top wings
create the body and doors and interrior and she would be ready for the tech guys to do their thing.

as far as the gigahorse is concerned,
the placement of the front end grill is obviously not the final placement. I am using a model for reference so as not to get in trouble with orginal artists. and because I like to display my own work.
I know that the bottom cadellac (sp?) was widened to fit the top caddy. so I have to rethink my approach to the body. plus I don't know the interrior nore a lot of the engine hookups plus 3d speaking those tractor tires will be a pain in the but to make. but well worth it.

Going to see about recruiting for a gta 4 mod. maybe someday these can be used in a from the ground up mad max game using half-life engine since I see people doing great things with that engine. for now this is work that will be used by interested parties for GTA vice city.but any new mods I'll try to translate to gta san andreas. I do still plan to make stock cars for most of the games. it's just going to be something that won't happen till the none stock cars are done. I want to showcase and show the world the coolness of aussie muscle but I'd need help with that. and you guys seem unresponsive.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

progress.

more small work on gigahorse

getting the hood done isn't bad start on gigahorse still so very very much to go.

Air truk is almost done mostly the body,interrior and prop need to be done.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am

major progress:

the thunderdome Air Truk is almost done for the basic mesh. after that I have the damage her up and try to make her dummy worthy. I also hope to make a stock version of her for those whom might like to fly a regular air truk

battle rig 1

gigahorse

the battle rig needs a lot of work before she'll be ready to roam the wastelands that are being constructed for a total conversion map. yes you read that right. a total conversion map which should feature my compound when complete. I found that working on only one model at a time has been driving me nuts so I am working on models past and present trying to keep from getting sour. like last time. so far it is working and I don't see the trend ending anytime soon. getting this planes body more under way has ment a lot since it was cloging up the works.

parts from the caddies will be reshaped and reused for the pink desoto. I did some early pipe work for the silver interceptor from fury road. I am building some xa and xb bodies from the ground up and hope to get those running with stock versions for GTA IV. I may have to teach myself how to do the tech work on the models and skin them. but so far the team I have won't quit they just aren't very experienced. might try to get others from the web to help. my hope is to have cars and trucks from Australia roaming the depths of GTA and with GTA V coming out this spring well it should be something else since it too will have a pc edition. like wise my meshes will likely be uploaded onto sites like "3D WAREHOUSE" for future study and use by future mad max model lovers. my work will ensure that models will be there for the future.

currently after I get done with some of this work I am doing above I'll be working on scenery and on the mack train from thunderdome since that one is the next new one that I feel I can do since refs are easy to get off my digitized copy of the movie. it would give us a railroad train from mad max to be able to be used in the newer gta's. plus I think it would be really interesting to see it in action. as is these other meshes. will also be starting max's truck from TD.

at days end I hope to also get a valiant charger into GTA IV as a stock car as well as the two versions we see in road warrior. I have a good ref of the charger and I want to see these beasts live in digital form. I think you aussie muscle people could love them too. the only issue at this point is GTA is made for LHD instead of the RHD the cars are in your country. I cannot fix that without building my own game and I don't have the team to do that.

maybe though someday we will make a kickstarter and use all these assets for something fans old and new alike will enjoy. we'll see step on is just getting these beasts modeled. after that well we have so much work to do but do it we will.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 am

-looks at above post- yeah sorry about that all. for some reason when I upload to photobucket. it won't unpload to the folder I am in when I upload. will have to figure out why that is. anyways. I have much news and will repost progress pics along with the new progress.

Air Truk: body and cockpit are done. basically I need to make the interrior along with with instrament panels and the like. once that is done it's a matter of assigning dummies gettign her skinned and beta testing. so pretty much done other then that. will need to make a new door for the body if I am to be making the stock version as well.

battle rig 1. not much to show really got the hood,trunk, and both the front and back windshields made.

started on: the Chyrsler charger.

plan is to build it stock because I will have two versions of the charger and maybe a 3rd mainly looking at the one model from the Mad max 2/road warrior as a stock version but also looking to do do the VJ edition as both a stock charger and possibly as a cop car like the one from whales I seen in the google image searches. then there are two chargers in fury road along with a 3rd that we know to be the ripshaw we just haven't seen the ripshaw charger completed yet. I am on pins and needles with that one.

point being making one charger body will allow me to then make the cosmetic changes for the all the movie versions as well as a stock muscle car for just cruising and vj for some cruising as well.

been really really doing research on chargers incase you cannot tell. I also plan to do stock xb and xa's along with xa and xb utes and wagons. I love the styles in Australia so why not if I am already going to build me some xb's as base cars for the silver and BoB interceptors from fury road. about time I pull more of my modeling weight in this project (even if I am pretty much the only modeler making these for this project.)

the charger will be higher poly then I tended to do so it should look sleek and sexy like the actual cars.

so in otherwords this is more then just about bringing the movie cars to life for you all to use in future gaming. it's about bringing you muscle cars to the masses in ways not previously done. you have fantastic muscle cars Australia be proud of them.
lord humungus

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Gaming