grand theft auto mods and more

Computer games, role playing games, online games...

Re: grand theft auto mods and more

Postby lord humungus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

pics of the current work where it stands (minus the desoto)

Red Manoro:

grey Torana:

lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I haven't touched the models since my last post. it's not out of laziness of lack of interest. there are two very good reasons.

1. I was asked to beta test a new game by sony and right now the bug hunting is taking up a good part of my time and is important.
2. Anyone remember the movie "Robotjox", no well youtube it. it's a late 90's practical effects film and while cheesy and kinda badly written
it's memorable for the giant mech battles featured in the movie.

someone is restoring one of the old models that was used in the movie and I think it's incredibly awesome. but the best part is he has asked me to help make a 3D mesh of the model using photo refs and blueprints of the model that he can supply. for the work he'll be able to craft models of the mech from my model thanks to a buddy of his who has the ability to do this. it mean I might have a 3d model turned into a real life statue or toy. which could mean possibly paid work or at the very least something real for my portfolio then the works I have been doing here.

this means two things.
1.I will be working on this beta till the 31 when it ends.
2. I won't likely be able to do much with the models I've been working on here till I finish this mech mesh. and I am not sure how long that will take.

so my focus will be priamirly on these two things. once they are done I promise to do more work because this will always be my first passion. beyond that I don't know what else to say. this project always seems to get me work of some sort so I guess the moral for me is so long as I keep modeling I'll always have work. and with the new movies there are sure to be good vehicles here or there. though I may take requests once I get what I want done. the list is above. so what do you guys think? I don't hear you guys saying much.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

small update:

the great and awesome AussieMuscle has taken ref photos of his perfect truck goose died in. so I will get a mesh when the project resumes later this year. thank you again for all your help so far.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm

work is slow and steady on the mesh I am doing down.

some max related news I may have some help with fury road in the future. that's about all I can really say at this point I am trying to line things up to that I'll have the best ways of bringing things to life since I feel the vehciles will be worth attempting. but since I have no idea what cars trucks or bikes are in the movie besides the obvious I cannot make an exact list at this point.

I will say the black rig is kinda growing on me. but again I want to see this vehicles in action and get a feel for them before I make my choices. now if people decide the like the movie and are willing to help out then great. but for now I can say things are looking up for the future of bringing the new movies into the mod life.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Interesting developement.

the road warrior bus... after digging through IMDB forums on my off time I found this little tid bit.

" An interesting one as the badge is actually off the first 2 series of Commer 1500 vans and/or Commer Cob (Hillman Minx based) vans. The Commer bus model was the Avenger (R589) and the Australian Federal Government imported 734 of these chassis as well as lots more by other bus companies. I am not knowledgeable of the Australian bus building scene to be able to tell you confidently who built this bus and whether it is a genuine Commer Avenger and not something else with the badge tacked on. However, the later Avengers had mid-mounted motors which this could have??? Cheers "

In serching for the Commer Avenger it lead me to very simular models of the same bus in which case I might be able to make a decent mesh out of it when the project returns. I know it's not like people were chomping at the bit to drive the bus but I feel the armored version at least would be fine for future game works. the compound will be finished as I have put wayyy to much work into her to just drop it now. but again
all this won't be till later on in the year when I resume this project after the one I am working on now.

picked up some other paid work as well so busy busy. but this project is and always will be.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm

okay I can update my list slighty for Fury Road thanks to some of the workshop folk whom have posted some picks. the vehicles I am interested in so far are as follows.

Fury Road:

yellow ripsaw/charger
chager dartgun cars (least I am calling them that they have part of the charger back end taken out and what appears to be gun implacements possible replacing the valint vh from road warrior possibly not.)

because I have great refs of the charger and with the movie we'll see these beauties in action I will see what else catches my eye. some vehicles will be dug into before others. and I am sure to be adding to this list as vehicles are shown off. now the rigs are kind of hit and miss with me but I am waiting to see them in action to see if they suit me or not. aslo the gigahorse may be added but not sure it is odd car to me.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Last update for a while. Thanks to AussieMuscles photo refs of the desoto I have managed to create a little bit of the suspension system for said desoto and it's specail under cariage mounting. couple that with the hot rod pipes,engine hookups,hood,trunk and back lights and you have the makings of the desosto oh well I also have custom wheels made for it as well. I may start shopping around the Gta forums to see if anyone is interested in helping me get these cars into gta again. but it may not come to that. we'll have to see.

some set backs on the current project but it's still going smoothly and to be honest with you doing a watertight mesh has taught me a lot which will be used to make better models for GTA or whatever game may come a long in the future. I am sure some of the fury road cars will be in high demand. especially if the movie game is any good and the movies do well. if not I'm still doing fury road for the love of the vehicles. after all isn't that what we are all here for?
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:10 pm

no doubt you've seen the latest crop of fury road photos. and now we have a different xb in play that's silver and has a weapon mounted on back. in a way I could see it being a replacement for the bat car. thought I do love the bat car and it was an xa if I recall. anyways it's been added to the list. not sure what all has been done to the car but I do see enough to start of a basic mod if I find the time. looks like they loved the valiant vh dart car as much as I did because they really seem to have a thing for making many dart cars this time around as we've seen the chargers and now the xb all with the back window,truck or boot removed along with any partitions that would sperate the back of the car from the interrior. these will make for challenging and fun mods when I have time to make them.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 am

it seems we have some photos of the new interceptor for the movies. it seems pretty much like road warrior with a different tank/interior set up. that said I kinda like the car from the miller confrence announcing mad max 4. so I'll throw the one from the confrence in as a concept car for those who might like the car from the confrence.
lord humungus

Postby lord humungus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 pm

I know it's been a long time since we updated.

I am looking head to grand theft auto V which may get a pc port. lots of high definition desert areas. been reading articles on the game. game informer makes my mouth water for the game and the posibilites.

I know some cars are revealed in the picture section of this forum when it comes to fury road. but I want to wait and see what makes it into the film before doing any work on the meshes that we can convert over. seeing as how there are at least two xb's in the movie. and yes I know from the cover page that the black on black is back but changed. but again I don't trust it till I see it in film unless one of the designers wish to clue me in on if it's in the movie or not.

I want to do more meshes I want to start from scratch on some. but time and health is not my friend. the other mesh job I have isn't going so well but it's due again to time and health.

point is when the movies out I shall access to some really great production photos thanks to a source that will remain nameless and no I don't think I can share. the point will be I will have access to create accurate meshes of what could be more of our generations mad max films. they could still be good. anyways that's the news for now. if I can get conformation of the interceptor on page one I could make short work of some of our meshes to create the first fury road mods
lord humungus

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Gaming