A Japanese PS2 Mad Max Game????

Computer games, role playing games, online games...

A Japanese PS2 Mad Max Game????

Postby lord humungus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 am

Simple 2000 Series Vol. 112: The Tousou Highway 2 ~Road Warrior 2050:

I was researching Obscure games for the playstation 2 when this title came to my attention. This is a budget title series that was mostly made in japan (though some american ports of some of the Simple 2000 Series did hit american shores,sadly this title wasn't among them) At first you think that this title shares only a name and a concept from The movies we all know and Love on this forum. but watch the video below and You'll see that this shares so much more then a mere title.

Oddly this is the second title in the "Tousou Highway" series. the first gave has nothing to do with mad max. so imagine the shock this series goes through when everything just comes to an end.

Things this title shares with Mad Max 2.

1. it's set after a nuclear war.
2. Gasoline is precious and has to be scavenged
3. the hero wears a leather jacket,with one sholderpad and torn right sleve.
4. at least two of the car desgins are almost a direct rip off to the cars in mad max 2. the hero's car has the wayland blower,has the gold stripped light covers and even has the nose cone front vents and two gas tanks mounted in back. there is also an enemy car that comes later in the videos which is very very much like the Papagellos/lone wolf car. and I wouldn't be surprised if the cars get more and more like the movies as the title progresses.

Basically put. this game is mostly playable if you know the kanji for yes and no. something you see in the video below. if you've ever wanted to see what a mad max anime might have looked like. then look no further. but the big question for me is....was this originally going to be a mad max title but they lost or couldn't get the liscense? the mind boggles. I'll update as I can on anything I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97KKX4uhLo
lord humungus

Re: A Japanese PS2 Mad Max Game????

Postby Bezumnii_Max » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:30 pm

It looks mediocre AT BEST :(
Bezumnii_Max

Re: A Japanese PS2 Mad Max Game????

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 am

Bezumnii_Max wrote:It looks mediocre AT BEST :(

agreed. it doesn't try very hard.
aussie muscle

Return to Games and Gaming