Pursuit/Camper crash models on ebay

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Pursuit/Camper crash models on ebay

Postby highfatalityroad » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm

this guy is really good, I can only hope to emulate his customizing skills.

I have a couple MM cars on ebay, but this seller really does great work, just have to give him credit where it's due. when I saw this crash scene of models it had to be posted here. that's a lot of work right there.

is this seller posting here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mad-Max-MFP-Nig ... 697wt_1338
highfatalityroad

Re: Pursuit/Camper crash models on ebay

Postby toecutter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 pm

For all that effort he has gone to, you think he would care enough to use the correct cars.

Caravan - looks OK
MFP Car - the scam JL car
Ute - Ranchero, looks OK IIRC the proper car is a Falcon ute. Close enough.
Nightrider Monaro - is that a Camaro ? Ridiculous.

I like the case, and the packaging - but using the wrong cars is scamming people. Maybe the builder doesnt know any better?

Its just proof for my theory that JL are deceiving people with their MFP livery on US mid-size cars.
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby Zarana-X » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 am

That looks like Jakejoke32's work. :?: He hasn't posted here in awhile.
It looks to me like he used the Hotwheels Falcon for the MFP car.
I thought the US Ranchero, based on a US Falcon, and the Austrailian Falcon ute were the same car. :?
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Postby highfatalityroad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 am

the builder is using what's available, doing very creative work that must take hours and hours.

I'm don't like his Monaro's either, but whatever.

but it's all worthless because he didn't use "the correct car" which does not even exist.

:roll: :roll: :lol:

you can do better customizing work than jakejoke32, right, Internet Tough Guy?

please show us.
highfatalityroad

Postby toecutter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:51 pm

mate you are pretty soft arent you.

i disagree with your love for deception and im some internet tough guy? are you the same idiot that i added to my 'foes' list back here under a different name ? Are you one of those preverts that likes being punished and have come back for more ?

I've never customized any cars into post-apocalyptic or MM universe cars, so nothing relevant to post in those threads. if you stop crying for long enough to read what i have written you will see that i have applauded good customising work. If you feel really really bad because you feel scammed after being duped by JL into buying those fake MFP cars, dont feel too bad. There are plenty of other idiots out there. You may just be ignorant enough to not realise that you have been scammed. i really dont know, i really dont care.

anyway...

The ranchero and falcon ute arent quite the same. After the XM/XP model they diverged. IIRC the tray in XM/XP Falcon utes is also shorter, its the same on the aussie falcon XM/XP wagons, they are also shorter at the rear.

Yes it is a HW falcon, but big bopper was a 4 door. i dont think that model is available in 1:64.

It's a good work, but he has used the wrong cars. He should state that in his ebay ad.
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby highfatalityroad » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 pm

toecutter wrote: nothing relevant to post in those threads.
highfatalityroad

Postby MWFV8 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am

I think that's great, so he hasn't been able to use the exact cars, don't cry about it.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 pm

toecutter wrote:For all that effort he has gone to, you think he would care enough to use the correct cars.

Caravan - looks OK
MFP Car - the scam JL car
Ute - Ranchero, looks OK IIRC the proper car is a Falcon ute. Close enough.
Nightrider Monaro - is that a Camaro ? Ridiculous.

I like the case, and the packaging - but using the wrong cars is scamming people. Maybe the builder doesnt know any better?

Its just proof for my theory that JL are deceiving people with their MFP livery on US mid-size cars.

The MFP cars IS an Aussie Falcon,it the HW version!
There is no huge demand for Aussie diecast,as much as I'd love for there to be and I'm a Seppo Yank Bastard So until there IS,the builder used wtf he had on hand. at least JL ACKNOWLEDGES the fucking movie ffs
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby jakejoke32 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 am

Zarana-X wrote:That looks like Jakejoke32's work. :?: He hasn't posted here in awhile.
I thought the US Ranchero, based on a US Falcon, and the Austrailian Falcon ute were the same car. :?

Hello all, been a while since I posted, been doing the daddy thing with my son, me being first time daddy, have not had much time for my hobby. getting back into it. To help clarify, that was not my work with the camper/ute crash diorama on Ebay, it was another skilled builder, Danny. I do use the HW Falcon as the base for my Interceptor, all versions, clean, opening scenes of RW with intact front end, post crash with landua, and the interceptor wreck itself. I also use the HW Falcon as the base for ther Red XA Bat Car, and the landua replicas i build. I have not ventured down the path yet to do any 4 door MFP, but i plan on it soon. anyway, hope every one is well, and don't stress so much on what the base cars where that a builder started with, look at the skill that went into them, working in that small of a scale is very challenging, and i applaude any one who enjoys modeling, and building in general.
jakejoke32

Postby Zarana-X » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 am

jakejoke32 wrote:
Zarana-X wrote:That looks like Jakejoke32's work. :?: He hasn't posted here in awhile.

Hello all, been a while since I posted, been doing the daddy thing with my son, me being first time daddy, have not had much time for my hobby. getting back into it. To help clarify, that was not my work with the camper/ute crash diorama on Ebay, it was another skilled builder, Danny. I do use the HW Falcon as the base for my Interceptor, all versions, clean, opening scenes of RW with intact front end, post crash with landua, and the interceptor wreck itself. I also use the HW Falcon as the base for ther Red XA Bat Car, and the landua replicas i build. I have not ventured down the path yet to do any 4 door MFP, but i plan on it soon. anyway, hope every one is well, and don't stress so much on what the base cars where that a builder started with, look at the skill that went into them, working in that small of a scale is very challenging, and i applaude any one who enjoys modeling, and building in general.

I was just venturing a guess. Glad to hear you're still around.
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Return to Models and Modelling