Which american car?

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Re: Which american car?

Postby the armourer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Big Bopper Bart wrote:70-72 AMC Hornet would make a good American MFP cop car

I thought the same thing, Bart. But those things are super scarce nowadays. Twenty-some years ago they were everywhere.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby Shrug » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm

I have seen a 74 Maverick (complete with roof spoiler) done up all MFP style. It is close enough that it looks really good. Right now I have a 78 Caprice Classic sitting in my back yard (under a camo car cover so it is hard to notice) that I am modifying in to a post-nuke looking car. Some random appliance parts, hose for the back of a dryer, some random pipes and window screens, etc. Some spray can black primer, and there you go!
Shrug

Postby Zarana-X » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:45 am

Back to the original question.
1973 Mercury Montego fastback
I dont know the different style specifications, but there was a sedan, wagon, coupe and a fastback styled coupe

"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Postby zykotec » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:19 pm

I think almost any mid-size american sedan built between 68 and 77 could be used as an MFP interceptor, and quite a few coupes would work as a Landau (Montegos are definately one of the better) considering all the modifications would hide most of the original front and rear end anyway.
zykotec

Previous

Return to Models and Modelling