Which american car?

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Which american car?

Postby Shrug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Which American car most resembles the body style of the black Landau from the first chase in RW? I already found the turbos and a perfect Cougar grill.

Thanks.
Shrug

Re: Which american car?

Postby madmach » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I would have to say the 71-73 Mercury Cougar is pretty close.
Attachments
800px-1971_Mercury_Cougar.jpg
800px-1971_Mercury_Cougar.jpg (59.23 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
madmach

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:56 pm

what US car looks closest to the 4 door falcons?
Daz

Postby Shrug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm

I always thought the early 70s 4-dr Maverick would make a great yellow MFP car.

As far as the Landau, that is perfect I got an old 73 Cougar built kit coming.
Shrug

Postby the armourer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Shrug wrote:I always thought the early 70s 4-dr Maverick would make a great yellow MFP car.

Back when I was right out of high school, my mother drove the Mercury version of that, a Comet, I think a 74 or 75. It was only an anemic 6-banger automatic and I tried for the longest time to get her to allow me to paint it yellow. I did manage to talk her into the hood and tail panel black-out treatment. A roof spoiler was totally out of the question. I'd borrow it on rainy days and go out on the clay back roads in the swamp to practice my, um,...pursuit driving. Then I'd spend an hour at the self-serve car wash cleaning the clay mud off before returning it. Fun little car.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby Shrug » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 am

Scoff not the 6-banger. They can be pretty swift cars. Mine had a 250 straight six, with dual exhaust, 3 2bbl carbs, and a cam.

The thing easily ran with the big bad V-8s!

(Not mine. Mine was a 73 and all black.)
Shrug

Postby toecutter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

I sometimes wonder if i'm in some bizarro world where the real cars don't exist and we are forced to use something else. i know - why don't we just use morris minors as the 4 dr pursuit cars and tara 603's for BOB's. a bit of paint and fibreglass and 'she'll be right maaaaaaaaate'...
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 am

70-72 AMC Hornet would make a good American MFP cop car
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby waynegt351 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:52 am

i think your closest bet will be the 70 torino ............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Tor ... sQ5fTrucks
speed is just a question of money,how fast do you wana go !!
waynegt351

Postby .MAD MAX. » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:31 am

toecutter wrote:I sometimes wonder if i'm in some bizarro world where the real cars don't exist and we are forced to use something else. i know - why don't we just use morris minors as the 4 dr pursuit cars and tara 603's for BOB's. a bit of paint and fibreglass and 'she'll be right maaaaaaaaate'...

NO, the real cars do exist but not everyone is prepared to shell out stupid prices for rotted out shit bags . If they can build something that looks the part for a mere fraction of the cost then what's the problem? If I were looking into building a replica these days i would most likely end up using a car from this side of the world as the price for absolute pieces of shit are more than what an entire build would cost with something similar here...besides, I doubt that the builder is going to enter his replica into some sort of contest where accuracy is a must. I've seen SO MANY different types of cars here that have a very noticeable "MAX" influence and people at cruise nights etc easily identify that.

Now when you talk model cars, a lot of the same principals apply......who wants to pay $100 for a box of plastic ? I had a hard enough time spending $30 on my kit years ago. I guess I got a bad taste when i got hosed for that piece of shit TNT kit when they first came out and have been cautious ever since. I'm still not very impressed with the Aoshima kit as it still needs heaps of work to make it right

.MAD MAX.

Next

Return to Models and Modelling