Mad Max / Road Warrior HotWheels set.

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Re: Mad Max / Road Warrior HotWheels set.

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 am

Well lets put it this way, the rest of the world refers to it as an Interceptor. My question is, who cares?
Night Stalker Customs

Postby MFP 2020 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:19 am

My question is, are you convinced by the evidence?
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:27 am

Do you have anything important and positive to add to this thread besides thread-jacking it for your own amusment?

Again, the rest of the world refers to it as an Interceptor. Same as the rest of the world refers to it as a "Black on Black". you ask why that reference since it wasnt in the movie, and then you go on to refer it in your own words as the same thing later in your post. Thats kind of baffling. "Pot, meet kettle."

Besides, to say some random character in pt. 2 refered to it as such, but YOU dismiss it because it doesnt fit YOUR theory. Being that the guy had to read his lines from a script that was approved, I think the creators of the movies know a little more about them than YOU do. And then to dismiss the lines from the mechanic in MM because that ALSO doesnt fit your theory? LOL Only further explaining the use of the cars in a way that neither movie has it explained, only a way that you THINK it might have been and then refer a fan site that also backs up your theory. Do you have solid proof by anything released by Miller? I can make my own website and put anything on it I like, doesnt make it true though. 2 references in two different MM movies are good enough for me and 99% of the rest of the world. If that wasnt the case, you wouldn't be arguing this point since, "oh, 1981"

My question still is, who cares?
I named the cars the way most of the world refers to them as in a general presentation to show my work. Also the same reason I posted them here, to show the Mad Max fans some custom creations they might be interested in and dog seeing. What I didnt do was post to catch flack from someone who thinks they know more than everyone else. Besides, I didn't see the cars YOU made. I am sure they are better than mine.

Please go threadjack someone elses post. I could care less.
Last edited by Night Stalker Customs on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Night Stalker Customs

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:34 am

BTW- If your goal was to piss off any newcomers that come to this site and turn them away, CONGRATULATIONS! You have succeeded in your goal!
Night Stalker Customs

Postby MFP 2020 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 am

Jeez, I didn't mean for it to get all heavy. You make nice cars. Call them what you want.
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 am

Well, maybe things come across different in text. Oh well. No biggie I guess
Night Stalker Customs

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Do you plan on trying to mod other HW cars into cars from the movie? and I never heard back from ya if you planned on making other sets of the ones you showed us especially the bat car as I'd buy a set from you in a heartbeat.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am

Sorry bud, things got hectic with mytravel schedule. LA, and now in a couple days Dallas.
I am in the process of making more cars. Another Bat car for sure. I might make the truck with the snake on the side as well. Gotta get the decals. I see MadMAxModels has them. Just been busy with work so much. I do have more yellows MFP Interceptors, BoB's, and Road Warrior versions and am finishing up right now..
Night Stalker Customs

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Nice cars, very well done. My only comment would be that they need some lift under them. I don't really like the 'slammed' look of the factory Hot Wheels. Other than that, well done.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah I wasnt too crazy about the lower look of the HotWheels Falcon. I tried giving it the lift but then the chassis form the bottom had serious spacer issues with the tires since the staock chassis is designed for a narrow axle. And when I did lift it up it had too much of that lifted 4wd drive look giving it the opposite effect and was worse. So too high or too low,... I chose too low. At least that way it looked complete when it was picked up and scrutinized.
Night Stalker Customs

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling