Mad Max / Road Warrior HotWheels set.

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Mad Max / Road Warrior HotWheels set.

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Here is a Mad Max /Road Warrior HotWheels set I created for the LA HotWheels convention.

Night Rider
MFP yellow Interceptor
Mad Max "Black on Black" Interceptor
Road Warrior Interceptor 1
Road Warrior Interceptor 2
Red Enemy Bat Car

Night Stalker Customs

Re: Mad Max / Road Warrior HotWheels set.

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

That's some nice work.
ebay it, saying it's a rare 'prototype set' adn you'll make a motza.
Daz

Postby toecutter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Are these mattel made cars ? Code 3's ?
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby MFP 2020 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Those are unreal. Extremely well done!

I take issue with your calling Max's BoB Pursuit Special an Interceptor, though. ;)
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:17 pm

These are code-3 custom cars.

As far as the interceptor reference.
Not sure about your information, but the black Holden Monaro that Night Rider stoled was a Pursuit Special.
Every other reference to the BoB Interceptor is called an "Interceptor". Besides that, its called the Interceptor in the movie as well. When Goose and Charlie are waiting with Johnny for Max and Fifi to get back. Charlie speaks through his voice machine... "Has Max seen the Interceptor?" And in Road Warrior when he gets to the compound and they take his car. The guy in the yellow lift spoke to him saying.. "A real piece of history. The last of the V-8 Interceptors. It'd be a shame to blow it up."
So yes, according to BOTH MM movies, it is indeed a Black on Black Interceptor.
Night Stalker Customs

Postby jakejoke32 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 am

I would have to agree, it is reffered to as the Interceptor in both movies. Pursuit Special is also used through Mad max as well.
jakejoke32

Postby RoadWarrior101 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 am

Jaw-Dropping! Shawing! :shock:
RoadWarrior101

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:49 am

HOOOOLEEY SHIIIT DUDE! You have some KILLER talent! Would you be able to make more of those cars and sell them especially the Red XA bat car. hell a whole set like that I'd buy from ya.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby zykotec » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Ehrm, does it say 'AUTHENTIC STYING' on that box :) LOL
Seriously, those are great models, I have looked at my own hotwheels Falcon a few times, but other than a paint job I just feel my hands aren't up to starting on something that small :P
zykotec

Postby MFP 2020 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:33 am

Night Stalker Customs wrote:Not sure about your information, but the black Holden Monaro that Night Rider stoled was a Pursuit Special.
Every other reference to the BoB Interceptor is called an "Interceptor". Besides that, its called the Interceptor in the movie as well. When Goose and Charlie are waiting with Johnny for Max and Fifi to get back. Charlie speaks through his voice machine... "Has Max seen the Interceptor?" And in Road Warrior when he gets to the compound and they take his car. The guy in the yellow lift spoke to him saying.. "A real piece of history. The last of the V-8 Interceptors. It'd be a shame to blow it up."
So yes, according to BOTH MM movies, it is indeed a Black on Black Interceptor.

Those who know me well know that I've had this particular gripe since, oh, 1981, when that silly mechanic muddied the waters. IMO MM1 is canon; what some random character in the sequel says is immaterial.

The "Black-on-Black" (I don't know where that name came from; it wasn't used in the movie) was a Pursuit Special just as much as the Monaro. In point of fact, there is only ONE by-name reference to the BoB in "Mad Max," and that is by the MFP dispatcher (just before Max is ambushed by Bubba). Please refer to my page here: http://webspace.webring.com/people/ic/cegropp/MM83.htm

Charlie actually says "I think they're out there... I can see the Interceptor," which I take to mean that the others have arrived. (Why would he ask Goose if Max has seen the BoB, particularly right then? Did Charlie even know about it?) Also, if it's still in the garage, how can Charlie see it from the office?

Finally, why would you have vehicles divided by classes and colors—Pursuit (yellow), Interceptor (yellow), Pursuit Special (black)—and then confuse everything by calling a black car by a yellow car's name? Pursuits were standard pursuit vehicles; Interceptors were hot rods for the top drivers; and Pursuit Specials were rare supercars for the really great drivers.

I'm OK with it being called an interceptor, but only in the way that certain Ford Crown Victorias are also badged as Police Interceptors.

I know it's a lost cause, but I feel like Kimberly-Clark must feel about all facial tissue being referred to as Kleenex: It's not right, but the whole world is doing it, so what are ya gonna do? :)
Last edited by MFP 2020 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Next

Return to Models and Modelling