Mad MAx Interceptors

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Mad MAx Interceptors

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:38 am

Hello, my name is Chris Walker aka "Night Stalker". I am new here but been around the diecast toy car biz for a while.
A few pics of my work have been posted, and I thought I would share a few more of the Interceptors I built.

In the first pic the primered one is a HotWheels XB Falcon that is being converted to a 4-door to more accurate. Not the exact body used but close enough for what we can get. And of course the finished painted HotWheels Falcon with just the yellow paint job.
The fully detailed painted version is about as close as anyone is going to get to the Yellow MFP Interceptors from the movie. Since they don't make a Falcon XB 4-door in diecast at all. The next closest thing is the Falcon XY by Biant. The hood, grill, bumpers, etc are wrong and have to be modified.

I added a hood from a Falcon XB and added the hoodscoop. Then the roof spoiler was added along with the new bumper and spoiler. The front was lower and i added the chrome Sunraysia 6 spoke wheels just like MAX had on his car along with the graphics to reflect that. A custom siren was added to the top. The lights on the roof are only sitting there. I am not sure if I will go with the lights just glued to the roof or a custom roof mount with lights as seen on the primered version in the pic that is under construction. And also shown is a Road Warrior Interceptor version still in the WIP stages. I hope you like them
Night Stalker Customs

Re: Mad MAx Interceptors

Postby waynegt351 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 am

bloody hell mate . you got some skill there . building up an nice little garage by the looks of it !
speed is just a question of money,how fast do you wana go !!
waynegt351

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 am

Wow these are really cool!
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Chase Bansi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Good stuff. Great to see a sedan. I'll have to look for one of those ;)

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:21 pm

The old tail lights on the 4door bothered me. So I cut them off and modified them into more movie correct taillights. I added the more correct lights and lightbar on top as well. pics are crappy from my my cell phone. Will take better pics when I showcase the whole MadMax/Road Warrior collection. Hope you like.
Night Stalker Customs

Postby Chase Bansi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 am

[quote="Night Stalker Customs"]The old tail lights on the 4door bothered me. So I cut them off and modified them into more movie correct taillights. I added the more correct lights and lightbar on top as well. ...quote]
This sounds familiar to me. Since posting photos of my Road Warrior Interceptor I have 'fine tuned' several details. It has even inspired me to improve elements of my Miniceptor in 1:160 scale.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby waynegt351 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:35 pm

wud you be looking to sell any of your creations DR frankenstien ???
speed is just a question of money,how fast do you wana go !!
waynegt351

Postby MFP 2020 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Those are amazing! I just stripped and painted my Hot Wheels Falcon XB (my first HW project). I just did it in gloss black, and the chassis/wheels/tires in flat black. Looks sweet, if a little rough.

Here's a question maybe you can answer: Do spray paints for models (like Testor's) have smaller droplets, or will you get the same coverage as with regular spray paint?
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby Night Stalker Customs » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:34 am

UNless you use an airbrush, all the spray "droplets" will be the same size roughly between all the various cans. Airbrushes just atomize the paint a little better than cans.
But a tip you can use with those cans is, before you spray with them, soak them in warm water. It helps the paint come out smoother and better. I usually run the water in the kitchen sink until it is hot. Then fill up a bucket. put your can sin there for about 30mins and your good to go.
Night Stalker Customs

Postby MFP 2020 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:38 pm

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Next

Return to Models and Modelling