MARAUDERS TRILOGY --- Updated September 27, 2010

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Re: MARAUDERS --- Updated August 28, 2009

Postby Motormasters » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I've had a long absence due to concentrating on finishing college. So I finally have my BA and now I'm job hunting. In my free time, I've been trading action figures and working on my hobbies.

Wooden Wheelchair
I had the following idea for Max's Village. There would be a villager who lost his legs from the knees down. He would move around in a wooden wheelchair that Max (as a carpenter) helped build. Thank goodness I was able to find the elusive Star Wars C-3PO with wooden chair. I think the $10 I paid for it was worth it. Anyways, this wooden wheelchair is still a work in progress. Still have to add a real seat cushion, bars so a second person can push it, bars on the rear wheels, etc.

Initially, this wooden wheelchair was going to belong to a villager in Max's Village. Then one day while reorganizing MARAUDERS, I thought it would be cooler if the owner of this wheelchair were Max's wife's father and thus Max's father-in-law.

Max The Marauder With A Heart
While the slaughter of his village at the hands of Wez and his sadistic gang robs Max of everything most precious to him (his family and friends), Max nevertheless retains certain items of value to him. Among them is a chain necklace he gave his wife on Christmas. While Max has become a Marauder Hunter, merciless and savage, there is a heart within his shattered body. There is still hope somewhere inside this shell of a man.

Max The Marauder Hunter
I had this idea for years but it was stuffed somewhere in my mind until recently. It's not an original idea since the cover art for the Heavy Metal 2000 movie features the sultry Julie wielding a badass machine gun complete with a motorcycle side mirror. Ironically, I haven't seen this cool gun idea reappear. Well, here is my version.

The backstory is as follows. After the slaughter of his entire village at the hands of Wez and his gang of marauders, Max the farmer becomes Max The Marauder Hunter. In his quest for revenge, he begins creating twisted and savage weapons to battle road pirates and marauders. In one encounter, he kills a marauder and takes his motorcycle. Unfortunately, the motorcycle later retains extreme battle damage. Max salvages what he can and among the recovered fragments is the motorcycle side mirror. Max fumbles around with it for a short while trying to see what purpose it can serve. VOILA! The side mirror makes a vital supplement to his machine gun/grenade launcher. Now Max has an advantage over his enemies. The motorcycle side mirror enables him to see behind himself!
Revenge is my name. (Marauders Revenge & Justice)

-Who are you?
-Revenge! (Marauders Revenge & Justice)

-I never knew! I swear to God!
-Swear to ME! (Marauders Revenge & Justice)
Motormasters

Re: MARAUDERS --- Updated August 28, 2009

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

Motormasters wrote:Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I've had a long absence due to concentrating on finishing college. So I finally have my BA and now I'm job hunting. In my free time, I've been trading action figures and working on my hobbies.

Wooden Wheelchair
I had the following idea for Max's Village. There would be a villager who lost his legs from the knees down. He would move around in a wooden wheelchair that Max (as a carpenter) helped build. Thank goodness I was able to find the elusive Star Wars C-3PO with wooden chair. I think the $10 I paid for it was worth it. Anyways, this wooden wheelchair is still a work in progress. Still have to add a real seat cushion, bars so a second person can push it, bars on the rear wheels, etc.

Initially, this wooden wheelchair was going to belong to a villager in Max's Village. Then one day while reorganizing MARAUDERS, I thought it would be cooler if the owner of this wheelchair were Max's wife's father and thus Max's father-in-law.

TIMMEEEEEEEEEH! :lol:
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Re: MARAUDERS TRILOGY --- Updated August 28, 2009

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 pm

So I just had a new idea which helps to clarify a certain aspect of the Marauders Trilogy. In Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns, the marauders are either called marauders or Motormasters (homage to Transformers G1 Motormaster).

However, in Marauders II Slaughterauders, the African marauders are known as Slaughterauders. They are not elite marauders as previously mentioned. They are as savage and ruthless as the marauders in Mad Max Returns.

In Marauders 3 Warauders, the Japanese marauders are called Warauders. They too are of the same nature as the marauders in the previous series.

In other news, I will be posting some new customs relating to the Marauders Trilogy. Sadly not much because my focus is currently and inevitably on other matters.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Motorcycle with Sidecar (WIP)
Inspired by a similar vehicle in the finale of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. The real challenge will be devising a means of securing the sidecar to the motorcycle. I would like to incorporate elastic wire mesh into the sidecar.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Breaker is a marauder vehicle in Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns.

Breaker has undergone multiple revisions:

Removed the gatling gun from the skull's mouth. Still might be a possibility.

Chain Seatbelts, New Gunner weapon, Extra Storage Bin (beside rear wheel)

Chainsaw Storage (I'm most proud of this feature)

I still can't find the appropriate replacement wheels for Breaker. There are a ton of upgrades left until this vehicle is complete. Suddenly, I have an urge to complete it now!

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns

Droyer (WIP)

Humungus' Colosseum's most popular attraction is the gladiators. The most powerful gladiators are a trio known as The Three. Their leader is Droyer. He has never been defeated. All who have fought him have met a gruesome end. Droyer kills women too. He shows no mercy for any living thing. His next opponent is none other than The Marauder Hunter --- Max!

Droyer (Leader of The Three)

Droyer is definitely gonna be bare chested and has scars on his face.

S-hook chains allow armor to be removed. All it needs now is a paintjob.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Marauders 3 Warauders is the 3rd installment in the Marauders Trilogy and takes place in Japan. This time around the marauders are known as Warauders. In comparison to the previous two installments (Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns and Marauders II Slaughterauders), this new series is a million times more futuristic. Characters, vehicles, weapons, and locations are extremely futuristic. I always thought a Marauders Trilogy wouldn't be complete without at least one series taking place in Japan. I think Japan's technology is light years ahead of ours and the rest of the world.

In Marauders 3 Warauders, you'll get to see everything that you didn't see in the previous 2 installments. You'll see jet pack, aircraft, high tech weaponry, gigantic vehicles, and stuff that has yet to be seen/created. The vehicles are ten times more bada$$ and this first one that I'm showing is just a taste of things to come.

The good guys are Marauder Hunters more commonly referred to as Armorauders. Their bodies have all been brandished with a permanent scorch mark that identifies them as Armorauders. Rex and Dex lead the Armorauders although Rex is really the one in command. Armorauders are the heroes but they act like villains too. They hunt down, gut, and kill marauders without mercy and without hesitation. Dex especially leaves no survivors, preferring to execute them at point blank.

A little backstory to Rex and Dex: They were both orphans who kept each other alive. They're not biological brothers but their bond is thicker than blood. They founded the Armorauders, a team of elite soldiers that specialize in one sole mission: hunting marauders. Armorauders are also known as Marauder Hunters. (It's a long way from Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns where Max was the only Marauder Hunter.) Now there's a whole team of them!

The story of Marauders 3 Warauders is still in development. Somewhere along the line, Dex perishes. The Armorauders are obliterated by a new and mysterious villain who's half man, half machine (mostly machine though). This new villain and his Warauders start taking control of Japan. Rex goes into exile and later establishes a new heroic force (most likely Master Force, an homage to a Transformers series).

This is the first WIP vehicle. It is a Master Force vehicle. Its name is Salvage because it is used for rescue missions. It's missing a stretcher. I wanted to use The Corps! stretcher but there's no way I'm paying $30 for it on Ebay. So I'll patiently wait. P.S. It will most likely have the GI JOE Silver Mirage windshield.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Marauders 3 Warauders

Four of these GI JOE Battle Wagon rapid-fire missile launchers will rest upon the four corners of the Warauders Headquarters. These massive launchers are manned by gunner Warauders. The fireblast of these launchers can knock a person deaf in a microsecond. The sound of these tower launchers is equivalent to the sound of Jango Fett's Slave 1's multi-missile launcher (Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones).

These Battle Wagon missile launchers will undergo massive upgrades/modifications such as visible wires, tubes, gunner canopies, fuctional searchlights, etc. They will rotate 360 degrees completely and tilt both up and down.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm

It's been a while since I updated this thread and that's due to several reasons. Because of preoccupations, I am unable to spend as much time as I would normally like to on this series. The story, characters, and vehicles of Marauders II Slaughterauders (the 2nd installment) are still in the early stages of development. Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns (the 1st installment in the Marauders Trilogy) is far more advanced; whereas Marauders 3 Warauders (the 3rd installment) is barely conceived.

Marauders II Slaughterauders is twice the amount of action, characters, vehicles, and blood/guts of the 1st installment. This time the story is set in Africa, the marauders are known as Slaughterauders, and our hero is Apex. Animals play a larger role in this series than in any other. I thought it would be characteristic of elephants, rhinos, gorillas, and tigers to fight alongside the good guys. In contrast, the Slaughterauders exploit the services of hyenas, alligators/crocodiles, wild boars, and wild dogs. I owe part of that inspiration to the Wargs (oversized wolf/hyena-like creatures) and Oliphants (gigantic elephants/woolly mammoths) from the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Apex is a courageous warrior gifted with the ability to communicate with animals. He is like Tarzan and Beastmaster. Slaughterauders thrive in the hundreds and thus Apex requires additional power and strength. That reinforcement arrives in the form of his battle beast known as God Lightning.

God Lightning is a massive sabretooth tiger. Just like T-Rex is the King of Dinosaurs, God Lightning is King of Africa's Wildlife. He is the only one of his kind. Prior to the post apocalypse, humanity had discovered a way to bring back ancient beasts using DNA. One such beast was a sabretooth tiger who became known as God Lightning. The inspiration for this character stems from He-Man's battle cat, the sabretooth tiger from the movie 10,000 B.C. and lastly, WhiteFangs from Chap Mei's Beast Raider.

Apex and God Lightning (WIP)

Had it not been for dfunk, I would not have found Smilodon. Easily my favorite Chap Mei animal.

-Who are you?

Motormasters

Postby Motormasters » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Marauders II Slaughterauders

In battle, Apex wields a sword, shield (made from a vehicle door), chest armor, and a battle helmet. In war, there are no rules. Slaughterauders use all means to destroy their enemies even ganging up by the hundreds on a single opponent. Slaughterauders utilize all sorts of twisted, sadistic, and cruel weapons from spiked skull maces, hook maces, to Family Maces (more on that in a subsequent section).

God Lightning is an extremely massive and powerful beast. He can engage hundreds of Slaughterauders, resist all mace variations (spiked skull maces, single hook maces, double hook maces, oversized maces, etc), and can flip over Slaughterauder vehicles. I have this scene in mind where Apex riding on God Lightning faces against a vehicle resembling Rage (from Marauders a.k.a. Mad Max Returns). Both charge at each other. God Lightning rams his head against the vehicle instantly hurling it away or flipping it over multiple times.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-Who are you?

Motormasters

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling