Interceptor and Valiant models

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby sharky1000 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:46 am

I am building various 1/24 models from the films and am trying to find the right parts. So far I have the Aoshima Road Warrior Interceptor, green Valiant ( with 4 barrel dart gun) and a buggy plus the red XA in the making. All have figures. I have base models lined up for several others inc Humungus's F100.

Anyone else building models of the cars ?? Any hints, tips, what base models to use etc ?? I will gladly send you any pics of the complete models.[/font]
sharky1000

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:07 am

Greetings. Yes, a lot of us are. Have you looked in the fan section under models? There's quite a few. There's also a new site hosted buy HUMVEE Driver called madmaxmodels.com that is growing fairly quickly...check it out. (Shameless plug)

Pics...we'd all like to see pics. Send them to Peter or Humvee if you can't post them on here.

Cheers.
Bronze21

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:19 pm

SHARKY, i've slowly (very slowly) been making the VALIANT DARTGUN car for the last few years, and i used funny enough a TRANS AM model, its got a perfect flat back that looks like the back bit of the VALIANT, plus lots of room in that back bit, almost like a ute to put in all the gun, i just took off that slopey TRANS AM front, build a flat one like the VALIANT, and also puttyed up the the driver and passenger widows to make them smaller, you know how long and wide a TRANNY's is.

For the actual Four Pak Dartgun, i used lollypop sticks all together for the barrels, and haven't really worked out the rest, but i found an old toy Matchbox crane, and took it apart and using the swivel bit of the actual crane, so i can make the gun swivel round, then using the leg joint of a Gi joe figure to make it tilt up and down.

Might help ya a bit.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby sharky1000 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:25 am

Thanks Bronze21 & rockatansky4073,

I have already finished the Valiant ( email me rock and I'll send you a pic).

HUMVEE Driver...I have a few pics of completed models you might like...How do I send them to you ??

Yeah I know a lot of questions, but computers dont have pistons and their not made of wood !! ( I'm a carpenter) so I get 'confused' easy.......
sharky1000

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:53 pm

I made one from a 69 Charger model i gotta get the pics devoloped and send em to Humvee driver sos he can add em to his site i also am almost done with my Red XA built from a 70 Torino sportsroof.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Quote: Originally posted by sharky1000 on 25 February 2005

HUMVEE Driver...I have a few pics of completed models you might like...How do I send them to you ??

My e-mail address is in the Contact Fans Section; or I could just give it to you here... mailto:dgiomeusoc@yahoo.com. I'd be glad to post whatever images you might have. If you want, include some info on how you built them, parts and kits used, etc. One more thing, let me know if you want me to post your info in the Contact Fans Section. I look forward to seeing your work!

HUMVEE Driver

"I'll see you on the road!"

http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:08 am

you gotta get those pics you sent me, up on the Forum SHARK. - people will really dig ya VALIANT. good detail, not many people actually do drivers to put in the vehicles too, only others i know are BRONZE, and maybe INTERDICTOR (wish that sucka would come back Image )
rockatansky4073

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:57 am

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 27 February 2005

you gotta get those pics you sent me, up on the Forum SHARK. - people will really dig ya VALIANT. good detail, not many people actually do drivers to put in the vehicles too, only others i know are BRONZE, and maybe INTERDICTOR (wish that sucka would come back Image )

Not many people do drivers?!?! All of my models have drivers! Don't forget about 'ole HUMVEE!

Yeah, I wondered what happened to Interdictor, too. Maybe he wandered out into the wasteland...

HUMVEE Driver

http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:34 am

Yeah... a scavenger now i bet, or maybe a maggot.
rockatansky4073

Return to Models and Modelling