Check out this 1/24 Slot conversion

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby PULSE » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:13 pm

Found it on e-bay this morning.... "me want...me want real bad" ...But alas I fear it will go for too high of a price, for one as humble in means as myself....sniff, sniff, Someone from here better win this thing away from whatever simple slot car enthusiast that may be trying to win this glorious piece to put next to his speed racer collection... (a MM fan/slot car enthusiast would be fine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5953090361&fromMakeTrack=true
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

Postby PULSE » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:14 pm

Forgot to ask if this was one of you here? Mitch? Humvee?
Pulse:

PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

Postby PULSE » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:16 pm

The owner/seller/builder wrote me with this info....

"Hi, and thank you for your compliments. the car was built from a Aoshima kit made exclusively in Japan. It seems this company has purchased the licensing rights to reproduce the car. I got bought two kits: the one you see on ebay and another special edition limited to I believe 1000 kits. It features a alloy blower, ect. This car was just begging to be built in a slot car format, and to see it run while in its primered staged was way cool."..... [/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 am

sh*t man,i don't think i'd have the balls to run that on a slot car track fearing it would get smashed up.the only probs i have with that model is the rims need to be painted black of course and the white lettering removed and it has the TRW/MM2 tanks so no need for the front spoiler piece.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby Major_Tom » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:08 pm

It is more accurate that you realise. You need the front spoiler as this is replica of the car between the two movies, after Max puts on the long-range tanks, but before he rips off the chin spoiler reverse-parking in a supermarket car park with high kerbs.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

Postby PULSE » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:15 pm

Well it sold for 163.00 american ( I think a good deal taking in to account the work involved and the price of the parts). I sure hope it was a fan of the films! The seller lives in Texas and said he also has one with the metal blower and such. I've invited him to Roadwar 151, maybe he'll bring his toys Image
Pulse:

PULSE

Postby Iron bar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:36 pm

Hello, My name is Robert and I am the builder of the Interceptor slot car. I never dreamed this thing would generate so much mail. There were a few things I would have done a little differently in hind sight. First and foremost Big Bopper bart got me. I should have painted the rims black! But if you run slot cars like we do, you'll find yourself changing the tires out pretty frequently, so I just decided to let it slide. I should have painted them when I realized this car was evolving into more than just a "slot car." Since the auction I've been commissioned to build three more of these cars, and they will be more correct than this one is. Thanks again for your compliments...

http://www.members.aol.com/robertuzzell/max1.jpg
Robert
Iron bar

Postby PULSE » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:48 pm

Robert (this is Chris from San Antonio) like I said before, Bloody Beautiful... Really cool you got commissioned to build some more.

Hey I'm sure Humvee Driver would love to feature your work on his Madmaxmodels site. Maybe during your commisioned work you could even give a progressive photo journal. That would be cool....

Keep up the great work there Robert your an asset to the cause......

And Big Bopper you not "have the Balls"???? Come on man with the way you deal on the site I never pictured you for a girly man LOL (but yea your right I think if I had the cash I'd have to have Iron Bar (Robert ) make me two one to run and one to look at...

(by the way how is it that this site is this old and no one before Robert ever used the ID "Iron Bar" before now???????... Good choice there Robert)

Hope to see you all in San Antonio this spring....
Pulse:

PULSE

Postby Iron bar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:00 pm

He (Humvee Driver) has already contacted me. I guess everyone will see some pics before too long... I consider it a privilege to be counted in with the other fine work there.( In my best British accent..."Here! Here!...")
Robert
Iron bar

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:56 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Iron bar on 03 February 2005

Hello, My name is Robert and I am the builder of the Interceptor slot car. I never dreamed this thing would generate so much mail. There were a few things I would have done a little differently in hind sight. First and foremost Big Bopper bart got me. I should have painted the rims black! But if you run slot cars like we do, you'll find yourself changing the tires out pretty frequently, so I just decided to let it slide. I should have painted them when I realized this car was evolving into more than just a "slot car." Since the auction I've been commissioned to build three more of these cars, and they will be more correct than this one is. Thanks again for your compliments...

http://www.members.aol.com/robertuzzell/max1.jpg

Robert,your Slot car kicked ass dude i hope you didn't think i was trashing it and i see your point about the tires but maybe have a correct set for displaying it? anyway my point is thats one kick ass slot car you made.Image
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Next

Return to Models and Modelling