THE MACK

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

THE MACK

Postby madmike » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:50 am

Check it out,

http://www.geocities.com/sln583/photos.html

Took over half a year, but I finally finished her. I have lots more photos if anyone is interested. I wish I could post them directly to the board. If anyone knows where the instructions can be found to do so, let me know.

I know it's not an exact replica, but I did my best.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.
------------------------------If you wanted to be loved you should have become a fireman.
madmike

THE MACK

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:43 am

Took a while to load up the pics, but DAMN!, thats a really cool model, man, i had no idea AMT did a MACK, or i'd go looking for one.

as much work as it would take you ever think about doing a ROAD WARRIOR 'Battle' version? with all the gaurds and sh*t on it?

I suggest you inform PETER on the MAD MAX FAQ of it, he could possibly post up the pics in his MODEL section of the FAQ i think theres only 1or 2 MACKS on there as it is.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

THE MACK

Postby madmike » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:28 pm

This page only has one Pic and will hopefully load faster. If anyone knows how to load pics directly to the board, let me know.

http://www.geocities.com/sln583/photo.html
------------------------------If you wanted to be loved you should have become a fireman.
madmike

THE MACK

Postby ydx7 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:12 am

I know why it takes soooooooooo long to load those. The actual pics are huge, but madmike is using the height and width attributes in the img codes to shrink them. Doing that does NOT make them load faster since you are still loading the huge originals. If you load the page above, and then go to http://www.geocities.com/sln583/109_0902.JPG once the small pic is done, you can see how big they are.

Could you create smaller versions of the pics, and put those on the webpage instead? If you are running something newer then W95, the Paint program might even do this.

larger than life and twice as ugly
ydx7

THE MACK

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:31 am

WELL DONE !!!!!! I had started to build the mack a while ago but ended up selling the kit to another Max fan.......that was the last I ever saw of it.....all that remains now are memories.

Doug
5.7 Interceptor

THE MACK

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:31 am

I did attempt to make one once, a real tiny MATCHBOX one, i used a little KENWORTH, just glued bunch of bits of plastic onto the wheels and sh*t, looked ok, for what it was.
rockatansky4073

THE MACK

Postby madmike » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:43 pm

I am new at posting pics, I guess i have to shrink them before i post them, oops.

I intend to use this rig as part of a diorama of the way Max found it at the begining of MM2

THE VERMIN HAVE INHERITED THE EARTH
madmike

THE MACK

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:58 am

you gotta stick EARTH on the door then, cobber.
rockatansky4073

THE MACK

Postby madmike » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:04 pm

thanks for the comments guys

Earth absolutly has to go on the door. I am going to wait till i make the trailer and then write the phrase all at once, probably in dark orange. I think in the movie its supposed to be written in blood, but maybe not.

does anyone have any suggestions as to which kit I should use for the trailer.

I am still working on posting smaller pics.
madmike

THE MACK

Postby Bronze21 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:05 am

Greetings. There is a kit of a Freuhauf box trailer made by AMT/ERTL. They're usually around $15-$20 at your local Wallyworld, K-mart or Meijer store. You'll have to buy two of them to get all of the wheels and axles. Cut the sides off just above the running lights to get your side rail thickness and arch the frame once the sides are on to make it look like a flatbed, then add the wood decking by using the Evergreen brand "wood siding" styrene sheet. The stakes can be made of the same stuff. The canvas tarp could be made out of an old poly-cotton shirt. The items inside could be made from 1:35 military, doll house and 1:24/5 automotive accessories. Hope it helps...Cheers.

I'll try to get the number for you. The AMT/ERTL 40' Freuhauf tanker trailer will work as well, but you'll have to make all of the deck rails and spars underneath...seeing how detailed you went with the tractor.
Bronze21

Next

Return to Models and Modelling