MissNataly

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

MissNataly

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:25 pm

Quite nice, but who is she?

And Shame on you for putting up links to Non-english language websites without offering translations
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

MissNataly

Postby SAM B R.W » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:47 pm

guys shes hot, but if i wanted to look at hot biatchez ide go to a modelling website, no hard feelings shogun, i was just hoping to see a model car or sumtn ;)

"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

MissNataly

Postby Mitch » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:53 am

Models are models...

As I tell people when they ask what I do, "I'm a professional male model (ahem) builder..."

Prior to this deployment, I worked for a company that made museum exhibits, architectural, corporate display and presentation models, etc

We used to get several calls a month from girls who wanted us to help them become a model.

"This IS American Model Builders, right?"

"Yes ma'am, how can we help you?"

"I want you to make me a model."

"What kind of model?"

"Swimsuit, fashion, whatever..."

"Ma'am, we build models. As in scale models."

"Huh? What's that mean?"

"Goodbye ma'am..." (click)

Mitch
Mitch

MissNataly

Postby Bronze21 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:56 pm

Yes...Do you have any bodyshots? OK, what's your age and dimensions?...SURE! We can make a model OF you...Just stop on by...we'll take a hand-laid mold off of you and then make a 1:1 scale model in your likeness, or scale certain aspects to a different percentage. We'll need some posing while we surface and paint the model...to capture all of the correct detail...of course. You'll be a world-class model, immortalized...for all time! We'll give you that look and appeal of a fine British sports car...our detail will be that of a finely-crafted Swiss watch. We'll pay special attention, so as to give you that jewel-like quality that you deserve... the craftsmanship will tingle the senses and accelerate the imagination...we'll excite the curves and make the form oh-tho thensual. The detail will want to LIVE there, and want to BE there, and make it's home there. Magnifique!!!

MITCH: Sound familiar...you've worked with designers in the model shop...right? You know what I'm talking about. We've started a game called BS Bingo at work. Every time we hear something like that, we mark it off our list. The first person that gets all of the design catch phrases...gets a pop.
Bronze21

MissNataly

Postby Mitch » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:03 am

More Disneyesque here, and not so Disneyesque here...

This red need to be redder...

I'm having issues with these lines...

Whattaya mean the 3/4 view doesn't match up with the plan view? That's YOUR job to make it work. I just provide the flavor.

Your job is to execute MY dreams in 3D.

More tingle...

Yup, been there, f-ck that...

Mitch
Mitch

MissNataly

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:59 am

But it WORKED on the computer ("tube")...oh, we didn't give the part thickness any thought.

You know that datas wrong now? We just had a meeting and changed it. Sorry you started that two days ago...it's junk now.

"We've moved in another direction..."

"We need to change this and this and this...oh, and repaint it before you rap it up to ship it out...in 45 minutes." "But the bubble wrap will put circles and weld itself to the paint if it isn't allowed to dry. It has to go in 45 minutes...wrapped. The next day. Why didn't you tell me the plastic would stick? The customer wasn't happy.

What are you thinking?! You don't put the prototype seat on it's side. No wonder the shields are scratched and the glass is chipped. You dont put your car on it's side to change it's tire do you?! These things are leaving in 15 minutes. Oh...

Let me move this....NNNOOOOO!!! RIP! Well, there went all of my templates that were GLUED to the seat frame so I could mount the side shields. I just wanted to see if the track moved. You could have ASKED!!! Besides, there's an identical frame on the other desk. Oh.

What? You guys are supposed to be the ultimate company to order our supplies through...so...I'm confused. How in the hell did we get 23 sets of ABS brake pads, when we ordered 23 SHEETS OF ABS PLASTIC???!!!! (Direct Sourcing Solutions Inc...aka...Dumb $hit Stupid Idiots).
Bronze21

MissNataly

Postby Bozz » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Too true! too true!

Hey Mitch, what shop are you at now?

Or are you stag now?

We just might know some of the same idiots.

More tingle...THAT has a familiar ring to it.

The bad part is when they use words like "disneyesque" and you know exactly what they mean.

There's something about the smell of hard shell...

"Bit's o this, bit's o that..."
Bozz

MissNataly

Postby Mitch » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:55 am

Oi mate!

No shop for me right now. I got called up to play Army. I'm an MP until May at least... Then I hopefully go home to my house, dogs, cars and maybe even a job. This war is damned inconvenient to say the least.

At least I get to have some fun...

Mitch
Mitch

Return to Models and Modelling