MM2 Aoshima kit...

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby Bronze21 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:15 am

Greetings. For anyone still looking for the 1:24 Aoshima kit (MM2 version), Monsters in Motion still has a few left. They're $39.99 US plus shipping. They have a warning stating that the manufacturer has stopped production, and they only have a few left. They (2) took a week and a half to come from CA to MI...not bad...even gave me a delivery date via e-mail and showed up on time.

monstersinmotion.com also offer the UK-made kits: Maxs' Yellow Interceptor and the BoB for around $90.00 each. They carry the less-accurate, resin (Police Interceptor) BoB that comes with the figure, again for around $90.00, and, they carry the Aoshima 1:28th scale RC car (clean version) for a whopping $199.00 if anyone's interested. They also have the N2Toys figures from time to time as well. Cheers.
Bronze21

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby FordMercury » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:50 am

Do they ship to europe?

FordMercury

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby Bronze21 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:43 pm

FordMercury...Yes. MiM will ship overseas via a credit card and FedEx. They say add 15-30% of the total cost to allow for shipping. You might also have to fax them a copy of your drivers license. Hope it helps.
Bronze21

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby FordMercury » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:04 pm

Drivers license??isnt that suppose to be a kit not a real car?lol

Also does the kit comes already in color?
FordMercury

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:43 am

It comes just like Henry Ford said you could get any color car of his...as long as it was black. Mine has some lighter grey swirling where the plastic was injected from six different points. P.S.: Devil Dust not included. It needs a lot of work to get it correct, but so far it's the closest profile to the actual car out there at this time.

I'm still going to use the Instrument Panel that I cast because this one is wrong as well. There's another ashtray where the clock is supposed to be, the four GT gauges above the tach and speedo are missing, no controls on the AC, the radio has one knob, and the vent is another ashtray. The lower rockers are going to have to be made convex instead of concave, and the upward sweep will have to be added to said bodyline. The rear seat cushion needs to be removed and the proper shelf wire added. The doorpanel vertical lines will have to filled and the upward grabhandle added. The fender flares are too small or shaped wrong, and you can definitely tell that the model was made using the tube, then milled. IE: All of the lines and radii on the front seats especially are anti-aliased and the rads are faceted. Don't get my ranting an knocking wrong. It's a beautiful kit and I'm thoroughly happy to get them, yet I just expected a little more from a Japanese model company...like Tamiya.
Bronze21

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby FordMercury » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:46 am

So are you saying this isnt accurate, well i was hoping this was already colored like the pics they show in the page, because im just not skilled enought to do it like that...........
FordMercury

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:04 pm

It's molded in black, but will need painting and weathering to look like the box top. It's just a regular model kit.
Bronze21

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby FordMercury » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:13 pm

Ok, do you have one already painted?can you post pics if you have?also what was tha driver license thing you were talking about, im really considering buying this but i will begin it later after getting some experience with other kits i have here.
FordMercury

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:54 pm

Go to monstersinmotion.com and look on the left side of the homepage, and you will see a listing for "International" orders. There's a FAQ page listing all of the requirements to have something shipped overseas. I just got my kits on Saturday and haven't started them yet...instead I was out working on my 1:1 scale Interceptor. The 1:24 cars are for this winter when I can't work on the real one.
Bronze21

MM2 Aoshima kit...

Postby FordMercury » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:49 pm

They dont reply to my emails, i wanted to know if they can paint it for me, obviously i have to pay the additional work, but they wont reply to my emails and im affraid of the customhouse taxes.....
FordMercury

Next

Return to Models and Modelling