Font Style on the MAD MAX cars

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby Randy of AFTime » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:33 pm

Yeah, that pretty much says it.

I'm doing some custom figures and wanted to know what kind of font was used for the "INTERCEPTOR", "PURSUIT" and "MFP".

Anyone help me out here?

Thanks.
"I'm just man who's...circumstances went beyond his control..."
Randy of AFTime

Postby Mitch » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:17 am

Randy,

I think you're gonna have to trace the letters and make your own font. I haven't been able to find one that matches yet. Get a good screen grab and trace it into autocad or something similar.

I'm one of the guys who e-mailed you at 'Ask Randy' about more Mad Max toys. Small world... LOL!

Mitch
Mitch

Postby obsessedfan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:35 am

i am not sure if your making models or real cars but the front end on interceptor is called a concord frontend you need a kit not sure where u get em these days but if you want more pics try van and wheels mags of the 70,s an ossie mag but there arnt many copies around.
darron roca
obsessedfan

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:09 am

you just get into the BUILD YOUR OWN REPLICA section of the MAD MAX FAQ, for all you need, on that sh*t.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby Mitch » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:25 pm

I think he's looking for the style of letters, not the type of nose. Font, vs. front...

Dunno if anyone's ever determined an actual type for the letters. I've seen cars with the lettering, but I assume it was masked off or stencilled according to the painter's idea of what the letters looked like in the movie.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 pm

I concorde with Mitch...I mean I concurr. Try asking Phil from Aussiecoupes. His Bopper car has the PURSUIT across the rear boot. He might know who to talk to, or were to get a set made with the proper front...font. There was someone at the 100 yr with MFP 508 and PURSUIT on their red XB. Do you remember who that was Mitch? I'm not referring to the Madmaxcars.com car either.
Bronze21

Postby Mitch » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:48 pm

Hey EJ,

How's things up in autoland? I think that was Anthony Gantt's car, and Anklecranker had something to do with the lettering. You out there, Ankle?

Typos are so fun. You know spellcheck won't let you know if you happen to leave an 'r' out of 'shirt'? Can be most embarrassing...

I'd also like to find the John Goss Special font as used on the '302'. I've seen a '383' decal on the back of a modified Gossie.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:18 am

Heya Mitch. Things are motoring right along here in the motor city...We're busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. All of these programs...PT,LS,MK,UL,356,U222,U228...there's less letters in a can of alphabet soup. The Interceptor is well under way. Cobra spoiler, L-88 bonnet scoop, seats are getting a custom foam and trim job, steering wheel quick-disconnect (thank goodness the horns on the stalk), fixing a broken XBGT gauge cluster and modifying it for the switches where the radio used to be...siren,light,PA sys.,flame thrower kit, battery disconnect...etc...and the list grows. How's your GOSSling handling down south? You permanently out of St. Louis? I cant believe it's been 13 months since the 100yr...Over.
Bronze21

Return to Models and Modelling