seeking 1/18 scale parts

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby bluddyangus » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:56 am

hi..does anybody know where i can purchase aftermarket resin parts..i,m building a 1/18 scale interceptor..vanpyre models used to have some bits but they closed down and ive searched everywhere since..mainly needed is the blower and spoilers..i,m currently fabricating a monza front and pretty sure i can get the correct wheels although only 1/20 scale..Image
d.scott
bluddyangus

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:12 am

BRONZE might be able to help ya, with an XB GT Dash.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:14 pm

Greetings. Thanks ROCK...but my resin instrument panels are only 1:24th scale. As far as getting some other bits in 1:18th, there's three kits that are available that might help...One is a 1979 Dodge Warlock pickup made by American Muscle (I think) that has the proper sized 15" 8-spoke nomad/sunraysia rims. they're gold plated so that will have to be scraped off. There's also a VW drag bus that's made by Hot Wheels that I took the blower and pulleys out of. I had an old NASCAR that I took the rear tires and put a radius on the edge and started scribing tread lines on for the Proper BFG's. As far as the zoomies, I'm using aluminum tubing and the headers from the NASCAR. Styrene is still the best bet for the spoilers, flares and nosecone, then putty in the correct fillets. I've used acetate and old windows out of 1:24/25th scale cars for the lens covers before as well. All of the lettering (tag/tires) I've used the rub-on type for model railroading. Being in OZ, I don't know how much of a premium you're going to pay for these kits, but it will definitely be less than what others are charging to build it INCORRECTLY for you. Hope this helps...Cheers.
Bronze21

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby SAM B R.W » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:18 am

if you can get your hands on a cavalier interceptor madel kit you can swap blowers everynow and then, ive just made a 1/18 scale interceptor from the second film, all i need though is the exaust pipes on the side and the jerry can, ( my jerry cans lookin pretty shabby)
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby bluddyangus » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:03 am

actually i did buy a cavalier model shell only off of ebay..it was warped but gave me a good 3d idea of what i needed to make..the 1/24 scale blower may look too small..i was gonna make my exhaust pipes out of brake line with the flared tips untill i found a set of chrome ends that were made for webbers on a corvette model..thanks to rockatansky..i checked out a vw bus blower and the wheels on that dodge..they should do nice..it,ll look dinky di when its finished
d.scott
bluddyangus

seeking 1/18 scale parts

Postby Bronze21 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:47 am

Greetings. The blower on the VW drag bus is a four liner...which means it's a bigger blower than the 6:70 to 1 that's on Maxs' car. You'll need to section it to make it shorter. If you see three vertical ribs in the center casing section, it's a 4:70 or a 6:70 to 1 ratio blower. The VWs' blower is a monster...10 to 14 range if memory serves. You'll also have to make a intake plenum to sit on top of the Clevo in the Falcon...or make a scale replica,,,complete with fake blower setup and carby sitting underneath. For the Scott injector and hat, I used styrene and a short section of telephone wire for the fuel lines and NASCAR fittings made for the 1:24th cars. The hat was pretty easy at two sections then bent and glued then blended. The Model Master Metallics/buffables work pretty good for getting that brushed look. Hope it helps...Cheers.
Bronze21

Return to Models and Modelling