No more making 12" Max & car?

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby MadMax2t.r.w » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:30 pm

Hello Guys, i checked it out last 3 yrs ago. I heard the factory quit made them in 2001. I can't finding them for sale. I need them very bad! Anybody knows who has them for sale?

Here's 2 pictures of 12" Max and Interceptor:

Name is Pat. Just call me MAX! "Mad Max forever!!!"
MadMax2t.r.w

Postby MadMax2t.r.w » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:32 pm

And here's Interceptor:

Thanks! Image

MadMax2t.r.w

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:46 am

Fraid not, r.w.

They only made prototypes of all three 12inch figures and the car, unless you actually went to the N2 TOYS marketers, you couldn't get 'em. which sucks cause i wanted the WEZ bigtime.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby gskullcar » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:17 pm

It looks like whoever made the prototype in the picture used an old Hasbro G.I. Joe body. Just look at the right hand/wrist/arm and the chest/neck areas. To me it looks like they sculpted a new head and dressed him in Max's costume. Was it supposed to be a posable figure? It does look pretty good to me though.

They kinda screwed up the car though. They made it TOO DAMN SMALL! At that scale, its much closer to being a Pinto or Mustang II in size. I guess though, at the same scale as the Max figure, that would mean the car would be nearly 3 feet long! Can you just imagine how much something that big would sell for?
gskullcar

Postby MadMax2t.r.w » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:31 am

Oh, i see. Thanks Guys! I'm a old member of http://www.megomuseum.com (my user name is Mad Max) Click "Mego forum" you'll see "Customs" forum in bottom there. A member going to make enlarge 6" Mad Max figure head up to 8" custom Mego for me. Also, a member can enlarge the dog and shotgun for me too. I'll buy custom clothes, "CHiPs" boots, accessories, Big Jim football shoulder pads, knife, etc. for my custom Mego Mad Max soon. When i'm finish custom it, then i'll post pictures in Models and Modeling Topic, to showing you. I'll use original 12" Mego Superman body with a new head sculp, to custom Mad Max by next month. So, i don't have to worry about that first picture one. Thanks. Image
MadMax2t.r.w

Postby Randy of AFTime » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:30 pm

The company set to produce the 12" figures was N2 Toys.

Since the photos were taken at Toy Fair(I was there and saw them in person), it is QUITE likely that they did prototypes using a GI Joe body. This woiuld be BEFORE they go order, at which point they'd like get a 12" body through one of the factories in China.

As for the Interceptor, That picture DOES make it look a little squatter than I remember. Of course, it's not EXACTLY like the Ford Falcon, because if it was then they'd have to pay off Ford for the rights to use it.

If you want anymore info, feel free to hit me up. I've been following this quite closely all these yearts.

"I'm just man who's...circumstances went beyond his control..."
Randy of AFTime

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:56 am

Makes alot of sense, thanks RANDY, i'd wondered the same thing about the FALCON.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Return to Models and Modelling