Wez figure kit news!!!

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby endless » Sun May 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Hey guys I'm new here.. I hope to get as much info on some new Max kits as possible.. But first . I just wantes to pimp our Wez kit.

He's sculpted by Jim Phillips and stands about 13 in tall. He should be ready soon.

Here is a pic. We're only making 50 of them, so reserve yours soon!!

Thanks for looking,

J
endless

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby AdrianUK » Sun May 30, 2004 6:00 pm

Absolutely outstanding !!

An e-mail is on it's way.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby Havoc » Mon May 31, 2004 3:21 am

Nice work, Endless!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this will be the first in a series of Max kits from your outfit!!

Being as most of us in this forum build models of vehicles from the films, I would like to put in a request for a 1/24th scale Max figure in his "ROAD WARRIOR" garb... Given the success of the Aoshima RW Black-on-black Interceptor kit, I don't see why this would not be a similar success...

And while I'm asking, a "MAD MAX"-era Max and an RW Gryo Captain, also in 1/24th would be very awesome, too!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Aloha,

Johnny B
"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon May 31, 2004 7:44 am

Man, that is really cool, a better likeness than than the N2 TOYS figure.

Whats it gonna cost ENDLESS?

p.s. does anyone remember that one of HUMUNGUS, PLANET X did?
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby mac afee » Mon May 31, 2004 8:44 am

the model looks awesome.........would love to see the bearclaw mohawk biker done in a model....was dissapointed he didnt feature in the n2 seiries
You and me max.....were gonna give em back the heros!!
mac afee

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon May 31, 2004 9:15 am

Ya right MAC, and though therest of the FORUM have heard this story before, i'll tell you anyway, since you wern't around when i first told it.

when the N2 ROAD WARRIOR figures came out, i personally wrote to N2, giving them ideas for the reat of the SERIES, I explained to them that the STAR WARS fans get it so good with not only the scarcely seen characters getting figures made of them , they also get the numerous variations of characters -

CHEWBACCA, with crossbow

CHEWBACCA with welding gear

CHEWBACCA taking a sh*t.

so i listed every character in MM2 and what they should come with, plus different variations

THE MECHANIC.

MECHANIC with tools (when he works on the MACK)

MECHANIC in Battle garb (his cool studded leather and sh*t)

But i got a letter back saying, though they fully appreciated my comments and ideas, they wern't legally allowed to take any of my idea, I even got an official letter from their legal dept. So i couldn't sew them if all of a sudden a line of MECHANIC figures came out.

It was actually quite flattering, but a year later, before the INTERCEPTOR, GYRO COPTER or ROAD RAGE set could come out, they went bust.

Pity McFARLANE couldn't pick up their ROAD WARRIOR license, like he did their MATRIX one...
rockatansky4073

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby endless » Mon May 31, 2004 1:14 pm

Well for startes The Kit is gonna be around 100.00.. At about 5 lbs, that's not a bad price..

Second,

I would live to do more characters from the movies.. A Master Blaster would be Awesome!!

As for the toy line,

Maybe if enough people let NECA know they would take it on.. Have you seen the Hellraiser toys?? unbelievable!!

Keep E-mailing me if interested ,About half of the 50 are accounted for..

Thanks guys,

Jason

Oh yeah, If I decide to have more figures done , I'll come to you guys first for advice on design and authenticity.

endless

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby mac afee » Mon May 31, 2004 1:30 pm

MY HEART BEAT HAS INCREASED......ROAD RAGE SET?...please explain
You and me max.....were gonna give em back the heros!!
mac afee

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:58 am

The ROAD RAGE set. (check out the MAD MAX FAQ's TOY and FIGURE MAGAZINE SECTION for a small pic of it , ... compliments of your truly Image) was a SLOT CAR set, you got an INTERCEPTOR and a HUMUNGUS MACHINE, and they raced round the track, and if you raced them in the opposite direction they pranged into each other and the HUMUNGUS MACHINE exploded, the same way as it hit the MACK in MM 2, then you just clicked all the pieces back together, I think even the CEPTA's front end came off like in the opening of MM 2.

I used to work in a MODEL/FIGURES/COMIC shop, and we used to get catalogues of up and coming sh*t coming out and that one was a real tease, we got heaps of pre orders for it.

I'd like to know where they have all the Prototypes for them.

ENDLESS - yeah i collect all the HELLRAISER figures, and your right they're superb, they're actually better than Mc FARLANE in some ways. They also made some KILL BILL figures too, which look unreal, but for some reason they're not out yet.
rockatansky4073

Wez figure kit news!!!

Postby M_I_Zombie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:25 am

If you really want a custom Max figure there is a company in England that can make one for you possibly. If you pick up the latest, issue #52 of 3D World Magazine (http://www.3dworldmag.com) ($14 USD) they have an article on this company and what they can do for you. I don't really know what the stipulation is on copyrights and all that but I do know that a 6in figure cost around UKP20 for them to fabricate. The real downslide is you have to have the actual figure made up in a 3d program such as Poser , Maya or other and then they can make it for you.

Macfarlane Toys may pick up the toy line if there is enough interest but, I think they would put their own twist to it like some of their other lines of toys. Unless it would be released as one of the Movie Maniac series. NECA or Reel Toys would be the likely bet on who would pick up this movie line. Both produce some quality products with stunning detail and reasonable prices. They only way for these to be made would be to give em a nudge on this.
M_I_Zombie

Next

Return to Models and Modelling