Need help with cavalier interceptor

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby nightrider541 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:39 pm

hey rocket..Havn't finished my model yet been really busy with other stuff but ill have to get back into it..have the tyres done, interior bucket, seats, dash, just have to do the little bits and pieces and spray the body and slap it all together..
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:20 am

I wondered, how you were going with it, Brother.

you gonna grab another and make a MM 2 conversion? - cause its a prick to do, but fun, i haven't gotten back to that for a while.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:21 pm

yeh dude im a bit like that i start a project and i'll leave it for months (bit like george miller with fury road).But i want to finish it soon because i want it by my bedside table so when i wake up sh*tty in the morning i can turn over and look at that mighty interceptor with a smile on my face to start the day.. Image
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:37 am

you desperately need a display case for that sucka' I had both my PLANET X ones out in the lounge when done, and they not only attracted carpet dust, being all glossy black, but also, almost got knocked off top of the telly a few times.

Now they live in the bedroom, in two 25th scale display cases, along with my ALIENS APC. and ROBOCOP's TAURUS.

Only reason i've left my MM 2 conversion, isthe damn carving out of the backseat, damn its prick, so awkward trying to get in there, the front spoiler, and boot were easy as piss, but not the interior.
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:40 pm

yes good idea rocket..ive had the interior bucket sitting on some newspaper to dry for a few weeks before i picked it up again when i was going to continue with the kit and yes your right the gloss part where i painted the back seat gloss black attracted alot of dust so a display case is definatly worth it for protection and keeping the dust out for sure.
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:10 am

I use Fish tanks for ALIENS, PREDATOR's and SCREAMIN' kits, cause they're just too damn big, but the shop i used to work in used to sell really cool little plastic cases specifically made for Model's of cars, if you can get hold of one of them, they're perfect.

Bout' $29.00 retail.
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:10 am

well its been a long time but i still have my cavalier model unbuilt and nowhere near finishing it.I havn't had the motivation to work on it as it takes time and patience and i hanv't had any of that lately.How much are these kits worth these days? I was thinking they are becoming rare to find now..
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:04 am

Wow, thought you'd be way done by now, NIGHT. I did both my PLANET X's in like a big month long marathon, luckily i was unemployed at the time, so had the time to do them both.

We still got big stockpiles of them in Model shops, down here in TASSIE, noone really wants to pay $80.00 for them. Them and that FORD COBRA just sit together on the shelves, gathering dust.

I should buy a couple, and sell 'em on EBAY for $150 to some jap who doesn't know any better Image
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:27 am

Hahaha good idea rocket! I was thinking of selling mine on ebay but i dont think i will get much for it, i think i will hang onto it though because i think i would regret it if i sold this sucker.Its just that it takes time to do i still have the rims and bucket seat sitting on a piece of newspaper after how many months.Looks like it's gonna rain the next few days in Sydney if thats the case that will give me a good excuse to work on it.I think iv'e asked u before rocket but i'd like to see some pics of ur models if u have any that might give me some inspiration.

raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:58 am

oh mate, i would if i had any, well i got a few of they're construction, but their from a 'normal' camera, and i ain't got a scanner. I mainly film al my model progress.

I muat admit, i still haven't finished my INTERCEPROR 2, i was doing from the 2nd CAVALIER kit, just resting it, plus it takes alot of effort, al the extra custom sh*t in the back of it n' sh*t. took ages to do the PLANET X's.
rockatansky4073

Previous

Return to Models and Modelling