Need help with cavalier interceptor

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby nightrider541 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:14 pm

Hi all, just bought myself a cavalier interceptor and looking for anyone else that has one that might be able to give me some help or tips on building it.This is my first model that i am building but would like to find out if there is even a website out there that shows step by step instructions on building this kit.I have a fair idea on what to do and doing the prep work on the body and taking off the excess resin before i start putting it together..If anyone can help i sure would appreciate it.thanks
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:47 am

It's pretty straight forward, i built the first one in no time, but only cause i'd done the PLANET X one's previously which were a real task. But i'm still doing my PART 2, conversion of one. - You'd need to ask specifics mate, the only tip off the top of my head is make sure you spray the body before painting the interior, i'm the stupidist person in the world for making that mistake with 'vehicle' models, painting the interior, getting it right, then f**king it up by spraying the outside and spots getting inside the window's.

Also plane old superglue is good to hold sh*t while you wait for it to dry, but then give a dab of the good ol' REVELL glue, to reinforce it, the only reason i say this is cause REVELL takes up to two hours to dry enough so you can take your hand away, superglue will hold it while you go get the REVELL and relax.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:35 pm

Hey rockantansky, thanks for the tip, i know what you mean by painting the exterior before the interior..I have thought of a plan and best thing to do is write down a list step by step on what to do first and go along in that order just incase you do something else and realise that you should of done the other thing first.Ok well id like to know what colour did you paint the seats and interior,dash? I have only gloss black in tin i have been to like 4 hobby shops already to get paint and only realise when i get home that i forgot a paint to buy...now i need matt black for the interior but might risk using the gloss black for interior.Also with the interior bucket how come there is two holes there?Thats not where the seat goes just wierd that its there..also when you stuck the interior bucket on did you glue it on the chassis plate first or did you glue it to the body? Anyway i think i bombarded you with enough questions look forward to your reply...Also for you or anyone out there i just bought a copy of "MODEL ART" magazine which contains an article on the cavalier interceptor and tells a little bit on how the person built it but not full specifics still looks good though..
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:29 am

A list? yep, exactly thats what i do. I have a paint scheme for INTERCEPTOR's plus an order in which to paint, plus a PINHEAD one ( sounds funny, but i got three in different poses), plus a PREDATOR one.

Ok the seats in the real car, are all black leather - so a gloss black gives a nice shiny leather look. Thats what i use anyway, unless your doing an INTERCEPTOR 2, then its FLAT black, cause of bleaching from the sun, MAX's sweat etc.

INTERIOR DASH, - is FLAT BLACK, like a real dash board - (No strip of carpet on MAX's Dash) - But and a big but, don't forget about the interior roof of the INTERCEPTOR, and like round the back over the back window, its a creamy yellow, the specific colour paint i used was called RADOME, its identcal (Pause the movie as the INTERCEPTOR slowly edges forward, while the tanker with the Bikers hijacking ther fuel goes past, you can see it best) I usually use TAMIYA, or the japanese paint called AQUEOUS, its everywhere down here in TASSIE.

The INTERIOR BUCKET, yeah thats a bitch with all INTERCEPTOR model's , probably easiest with the PLANET X, but i personally gave real little dabs of glue to the points in the body where it was touching, like under the dash and doors, then glue the sh*t out of the bottom of the bucket, and stick the bottom on, f**king leave that bastard till the next day, before f**king with it anymore, But thats just me.

As for those holes in the BUCKET, i know what you mean, i just filled 'em in with putty, and stuck the seats on the spaces where i felt fit. - hope it helps out , cobba.

rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:11 pm

Thanks buddy been a great help..I know what you mean with the roof interior..I remember from the movie it has like a creamy colour to it..The person in the magazine actually did it white..i will have to go through the first movie and have a look again..I have just finished painting the writing on the tyres now and that was a real pain to do but eventually done it and they look good..Now im ready to do the spray job on the body then put it all together..Id like to see some pictures of your finished model. If you have any could you post me a couple?
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:16 am

Another mistake i made, when i first got my first PLANET X INTERCEPTOR model in early 2000, i only had a real grainy ex rental of MAD MAX to go by, so couldn't see much to well, cause i'd owned the damn thing since i was like 7 years old. So when i got DVD's and sh*t, i bloody noticed the FLAT back all across the bottom of the car, and the triangle of FLAT around the bonnet scoops. - So i had to snad off the bottom of the model, and fix it up. - You've hopefully noticed this, so don't make the same mistake, homey.

The good thing about the CAVALIER model too, is the tyre writing is raised - the PLANET X one's arn't - i had to just be real careful with a steady hand and do it by hand.

sh*t dude, i 'd love to post you some pics, i gotta try look for some in Documents discs, and sh*t.

When you got the INTERCEPTOR, did you see the FORD COBRA model too? they're usually ordered together by model shops and sh*t. I'm thinking of getting one, and making a RED XA BATWING model out of it.
rockatansky4073

Postby nightrider541 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:47 am

Yeh dude i have seen the XC Cobra but not in a model shop i have seen it online on a couple of online model shops.I must say it is very nice but the next model id really like to get is a torana gtr xu1 or a slr 5000.Me and my brother had an xc cobra about 12 years ago it was black just like the interceptor but needed a bit of work to the motor so ended up selling it.I wish now that i hadnt because i would of turned it into an interceptor.Get the front end changed get the rear spoiler and zoomies and it would of looked good..oh well one day hopefully..Anyway i better get back to the model interceptor as im waiting for the paint to dry..Just finished painting the rims,bucket and console..And i did get that radome paint that you were saying its perfect for the same colour as the roof interior of the interceptor..

What i would like to find though is a little button or something similiar to add a blower switch to the gearstick to make it look more authentic..have to snoop around and look for something and see how i can fit it on..anyway chat to you soon champ..
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Postby XAMan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:29 pm

Hey Nightrider

What number Cobra did you and your brother have?

XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Postby SAM B R.W » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:37 am

ive just finished mine aswell, and i made it look a tiny but road warn aswell it looks sweet ill try and scan some piks in, mine was like $80 tho !!!
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:38 am

yeah, NIGHT. I knew this guy that used to come into my old work, who made his own custom model cars, i mean made from scratch, made the molds and everything, and he once made a MONARO COUPE, and let me tell you i've searched exhaustively and you can't find a 'Factory MONARO model kit. And i wanted to buy one off him , and make a NIGHTRIDER custom Pursuit Special, but he just stopped coming into the store one day, damn i was pissed.

Used to be that way with FALCON's, before i found out about Model INTEREPTOR's, i wanted to find a FALCON and custom a CEPTA, but noone made them.

But now sh*t. You can get GT HO's and all kinds of sh*t, though unfortuately mostly DIECAST. Was the same with F 100's i wanted to make a model of the Skinheads 'Cobra TOE TRUCK in MM2. but had to use a DIECAST CHEVY and saw the roof off and sh*t, was tough, still ain't finished it.
rockatansky4073

Next

Return to Models and Modelling