HARDEST , EASIEST, MOST FUN.

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:53 am

currently working on a coldcast 'DARKHORSE' ALIEN 3. proving to be a real bitch, i might have to put it in my list yet.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby madmike » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:29 pm

most fun,

had a blast building the planet x yellow interceptor and the small diorama i built around it.

spent a lot of time and effort building a monogram bronco that came out looking like crap

when i was a kid i built a monogram 427 cobra that came out good enough to win first place in a local contest, i still dont know how i got the paint to look that good.

from the military models i have built, its way more fun making dirty weathered models than nice clean ones.
------------------------------If you wanted to be loved you should have become a fireman.
madmike

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:41 pm

There's a Die-Cast 1/25th (?) scale Vanishing Point Challenger available here in the states.

Almost annoyingly easy to assemble.

There's even a Pre-built one that inclides a Kowalski figure.

Ooh.. Silly idea.. Find a similarly scaled figure of LOTR's Viggo "Aragorn" Mortensen & Swap Heads with the Barry Newman Kowalski.

Have a '70's & a '90's VP Diorama.. Image

Getting started on my Real vs. Fantasy Javelins.

Totally forgot that the sparypaint I bought doesn't take well to getting cold & left it in the garage overnight. Buggered up the paintjob on the Fantasy version..

I figure some VERY fine wet dry sandpaper should smooth it out?
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:11 am

Damn, MIKE, what Diorama did you make around it? please tell me it was an ashphalt road with an ANARCHIE RD. sign post on it?

I agree weathered models are way more fun. I found a pack of 8 PREDATOR's (you can never have enough PREDATOR MODEL's) in an EBAY shop for $120 AU. goddamn awesome recasts of classic DARKHORSE and BILLIKEN originals, and i prefer making the PREDATOR from PART 1, more than PART 2, cause i love making muddy swamps and bush bases , than concrete, and glass for PART 2's.

rockatansky4073

Postby madmike » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:42 pm

As a matter of fact Rock, I did make an asphalt road and an anarchie road sign. I also made up a "High Fatality Road" sign and painted a white skull on the road like in the opening scene. Instead of trying to duplicate one location in the movie I wanted to capture the feeling of the whole opening scene of MM1. I am working on figuring out how to post some pics on this site. Ill put some up when I do, I am working on a diorama of the openining scene of RW with the derilict Mack on the side of the road. Ill post some pics of that also.
------------------------------If you wanted to be loved you should have become a fireman.
madmike

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:00 am

sh*t! i've always wanted to make a setpiece model the scale of the opening chase, - my problem is room though, got no more room,m y entire collection of ROAD WARRIOR - series 1 and 2 figures and INTERCEPTOR models, take up an entire table, cause i made a little desert backdrop for them to stand on, its all under a giant fishtank too.

Guess my house will just need renovating...

I'll go check with the missus, wish me luck.
rockatansky4073

Postby madmike » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:42 pm

good luck to you sir

My wife was good enough to get me a glass display cabinet to put my models in. it wont hold them all so I rotate them.

how did you make the desert backdrop Rock.
madmike

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:40 am

It's really tacky, but ok, just for thefigures to stand on without looking so plane. I got a bunch of styrofoam, i carved it all up to make small hills and sh*t, then took a bunch of yellow sand paper and pinned it all over, then put the figures into places al over it, and placed broken bits of car models and wrecks and sh*t, all over, with the INTERCEPTOR's at the forefront of it all, it was simple as hell but does the job.

My PREDATOR and ALIENS get more technical bases made with clay and putty etc. But the ROAD WARRIOR's needed too big a space. And i often get comments on how i did it, cause i don't often tell people cause it just tacks the whole thing out, people when looking at it expect something more technical.

I got some future idea's that are better, when i get the room.
rockatansky4073

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:28 pm

Hey Rock,when can we see pics of your Mad Max diorama?
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:37 am

Oh sh*t, man, early last year, one of us started a thread (probably me, cause i'm a showoff) - about all the MAD MAX MEMORABILIA they own, and they had to put up pics and sh*t of everything, so naturally i was first, spent like 3 f**king hours photographing everything from Molelkits, to trivial things like display folders full of clippings, and lobby cards, then got a friend i worked with to put them up for me (i'm not that computer literate), But later last year i was sacked from the job, and don't see the friend that much anymore, so probably can't, dude.

Come to think of it, that thread wasn't very successful, only me and one other dude, don't member who stuck up their sh*t.

I do remember being asked alot about how to put the pics up, and it was pretty simple, something about using that TREE up above, next to the EMOTION SMILE.
rockatansky4073

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling