HARDEST , EASIEST, MOST FUN.

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby Kirbydog » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:13 pm

The hardest kit I ever put together was a 1/48 Tamiya B-17 F-90-BO that I made a diorama out of. I based the coloring and the unit markings on a 94th bomb group B-17 called "Down and Go!" that crash-landed in a farmer's field in Copenhagen, in early 1943. It took weeks. I love the detail that has to go into a 'weathered' vehicle. Flak damage, exhaust plume stains on paint, bent propellers from a crash-landing, Figures in a diorama are at least as important. Man, if I counted up all the hours spent on that kit...

The new project I've got is a Mad Max interceptor RC car. I'm scratch-building almost everything. Chassis, Drive-train, all the hardware is either scratch-built or slavaged, so I think that befits a Mad Max vehicle. The only body I can find that's close is a 1/10 lexan Dodge challenger coupe body. Close, but it'll still need some modification. I'll post pictures when it's done. After that... an RC Beyond Thunderdome vehicle-- Max's truck.
"I was a cop... a driver."
Kirbydog

Postby SAM B R.W » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:38 am

ey kirby dog,

that sounds great, when you get it finished id'e like to see it !!!, i bought an rc car last year that runs on petrol and goes up to 80km and ive always been thinking about making an interceptor body, but i can never find the best shape or car model to use, so if you have any more idea's maybe we could go over them together ?

thanks,
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

Previous

Return to Models and Modelling