Aoshima kit: BEWARE of seller

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:19 pm

Just a heads up that anyone that is interested in buying the 'latest' ebay kit .... DON"T BOTHER!!!! The idiot is just selling the original issue that only has the option to build the MM2 version. His pictures clearly show the car minus fuel tanks and complete interior yet this is NOT AVAILABLE !!! He is just using this to make poeple think that this is what you're getting.... I know I should have asked in advance but if I"m selling a 'white shirt' on ebay then I sure is hell would not post a picture of a 'black shirt'. Not an honest seller in my books. His user ID is jpanimetoys.[/font]

Doug[/font]
5.7 Interceptor

Postby XAMan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:03 am

Hey Doug

They're out there ... there is some German chap with the Aoshima kit ... not even the limited edition version ... for 150 euro Buy Now ... not sure about greenbacks but that"s near as damit to A$250 !!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry ...
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:21 pm

ya know there's nothing wrong when trying to make some money these days but I do not tolerate people that intentionally mislead buyers. I've contacted ebay 3 times now about the seller and they just don't seem to care. I've had another buyer from germany that also bought from the same guy, contact me, and he is also quite pissed off.

I've left the guy negative feedback and he returned it with positive feedback...sort of. His words were not so positive. It's done now and in the past..... I just hope I've opened a few potential buyers eyes about the kit being offered. There is a resin kit on ebay that will allow you to convert the aoshima kit to the MM1version so perhaps I'll try that.

Doug
5.7 Interceptor

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:33 pm

HA !!!!!!! I just checked one of his current auctions and i see that the seller has made his feedback 'private'. With over 700 feedback rating it makes you wonder why he just changed it to private.....maybe the fact that he got 2 negative feedbacks in the last week about the same thing should tell ya something!

To anyone just reading these messages: DO NOT BUY THE KIT BEING OFFERED BY THE SELLER jpanimetoys , it is not as in the picture. It is the original issue from aoshima that is MM2 version only. You have to buy a seperate conversion kit to make it the MM1 version. OK guys, I'm done ranting now..soory about all this.

Doug

5.7 Interceptor

Postby andrewb » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:38 pm

Hi 5.7 and everybody, I was amazed to see that seller use those pictures on ebay....

I recently bought the December Hobby Japan magazine and there is an article which has those exact pictures......

The model shown has been customised extensively (as youve found out), the builder did an amazing job!!!

Also, is jpanime breaking a copyright by using those pics, as well as misleading people???

Regards, Andrew B

Ive also got the 2004 Aoshima catalogue and it shows only the MM2 version (boo hoo)

PPSS: Hlj .com.will soon have stocks of the Aoshima kit at normal retail............
Theres been too much violence, too much pain
andrewb

Postby mad_manx » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:18 pm

That's a really crappy tactic; I've seen his auction, and thought it was a little hokey. I give a lot of points to the actual builder of that one - it looks "raunchy....very raunchy."

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Return to Models and Modelling