Aoshima BoB

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:27 am

Hi Johnny, Yes the novels are movie based. MM2 in particular is worth getting because it has 12 pages of rare photos from the film...

The Aoshima kit is definitely my favourite kit of all time, Ive been building for 25 yrs and all sorts of subjects but this thing has so much character..

In the 80s Fujimi did a series called "Mad Police" one of them was a Trans Am!! I wouldnt mind finding one of those!!!

Cheers Andrewb
Theres been too much violence, too much pain
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:47 am

Scar: No worries. I don't have the shackles under the rear of my car...just a spring re-arch, plus an overload spring, so it sits just above level (the wheel lip is about an inch above the tire when loaded with fuel and 150 extra pounds). I can't see the ground out of the rear view mirror for almost 50 feet with the tail on and sitting up straight. I've readjusted the side mirrors, but I still see the quarter buldge when trying to look directly behind me. I've also looked and have seen someone riding in the blindspot gawking at the ride on more than one occasion as well. Question: Isn't the cobra spoiler just a few millimeters taller than the BoB's? I know it has more lead-in with that return flange on the front and I thought it stood up a little straighter...

Cheers.
Bronze21

Aoshima BoB

Postby Scar2783 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:20 pm

EJ,

I forgot all about the jacked up rear end. That would definitely add to the obstructed view.

On another note, found this on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3152517613&category=1190

Is this made by someone on here?

M

"She's Meaness Put To Music And The Bitch Is Born To Run!"
Scar2783

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:23 pm

Okay,

So I finally picked up my Aoshima ROAD WARRIOR BoB and it looks pretty bitchin'! I'm no expert, but the kit lines and details look pretty accurate ta me!

Heya, Interdictor, both yours and kit the IPs look virtually identical, except for a few very minor differences!! Nice going...

Looks like I'm going ta have to pick up some sort of 1/24th car accessory kit to add more junk and storage to the interior. Aside from a Jerrycan or two and a crate of dogfood, anybody know what other crap Max kept in the vehicle...?

Looking forward to an "easy" non-resin build up for a change, and this kit looks the part (at least in the box)... The posting Scar made of the kit on EBAY with the lights makes me wanna do the same thing...hmmm, maybe things won't be so easy...arg! Wonder how the guy lit the plunger on the supercharger (no pix of this mod on the EBAY posting)...

QUESTION about the BoB: One of the great photos on this site has an interior shot of this vehicle looking towards the dashboard/IP --- right beneath it is a u-shaped bar with it's legs rooted in the vehicle floor... Basically looks like a rollbar under the dashboard --- was this in the movie vehicle as well.......?

And has anybody ever look at dollhouse stuff for an in-scale pooch which might look like Max's ill-fated but heroic "Dog"...?

So, Andrew B...what are those ROAD WARRIOR photos from the novel of...? Are they from the film or behind the scenes pix...? MANY years ago a defunct magazine called "Enterprise Incidents" had some good behind the scenes photos...if I ever manage ta find it in my stuff back East I will post 'em...

Bummer I have (3) other projects nearing completion and I cannot get started on building this kit... I'd reccomend this kit just from its looks --- and for $39.00, ya can't go too wrong.

Aloha,

Johnny B.

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:43 am

Hi Johnny, The MM2 novel has mostly photos of Wez and his mates or Mel and dog. I dont think there are any car photos at all....

Re: Enterprise Incidents, Another good mag I liked was Fantastic Films which Im trying to find with MM articles. I got one with Thunderdome articles lastweek ( made the movie sound really exciting!!!), pity it was absolute crap!!!

Glad you like the kit, I cant wait for the first Interceptor variant......

Cheers Andrewb
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:41 pm

Hi everyone. Ive got some crap news....

The Aoshima kit is now no longer available in any version, its out of production....

Ill try to find out why..

No Cheers Andrewb
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby Gordon Hayes » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:29 pm

[/font]

Hi All.

I was very kindly sent as a present from a replica owner an Aoshima kit from Japan.

I have little knowledge of kits in terms of perhaps quality of the moldings, or the "raw" item quality pre-assembly.

(Basically I no nothing about models).

The thing I did notice is that the kit is defiantly based on the Advanced spoiler's reproduction moldings, the monza nose is a replication of an adapted Panel Van nose and the roof spoiler is the square section design of the Advanced spoilers kit, and the trunk spoiler is to deep in its travel down the rear quarter panel. I can only assume that a replica vehicle from the "Muscle car connection" company (Japan based) was used as the 1:1 reference for this kit.

If this kit is no longer on sale that is strange as I understand that it has just been released onto the market.

Perhaps correct and movie accurate replica owner Matsubara San at

[/font]http://www.ps-car.com/second/second.html has contacted these guys and they are revising and correcting the moldings a bit.[/font][/font]

Regards

Gordon
[/font]

PS: I have left the kit in the box, I can build the 1:1 version but a" good man knows his limitations," so I might contact the local model guy at Vanpyre, and see if he can build it!
[/font][/font]
Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:38 am

Hi Gordon, Thankyou for your advice, your input is definitely valued as Ive only ever built models!!

I thought the roof spoiler was like that because of molding limitations...

My Kit is nearly complete, i just sprayed Tamiya gloss black and came up well..

Cheers Andrewb
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:59 pm

Whaaaaaaat?! No longer available---?!!

Say it ain't so!! That's NUTS! The bloody thing just came out---?! Arg...

Heard a rumor that there were some "licensing issues" that caused the kits initial release delay... Hmmm, wonder if this sprang up again.

This is bummer fer Max Modelers --- and hey, I wanted a second kit...

Keep us posted, AndrewB!

Aloha,

Johnny B

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby marchhair2273 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:12 am

Hello!

New to the Mad Max sight, but a big fan of Mad Max / Road Warrior.

While scouring local hobby shops for my favorite model subject (Godzilla) i stumbled across this kit, there was another version of the kit with alternate box art, it looks accurate, a couple things that dissapointed me were the kit was molded in a great black color but the roof of the car had some swirling in the color, no motor??!!! and i think for $60.00 you should have had the option to have the original deck lid along with the gas tanks. but the kit looks fun!

" You're maaaaad maaaaan!!!!"
marchhair2273

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling