Aoshima BoB

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:39 pm

Andrew - I missed out on the SE one as well, but I really don't need metal parts like those. Alclad II airbrushed over black makes for a better looking chrome/polished finish anyway. I just mailed out my payment today; I'll share with the class when it shows up.
"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:08 am

Greetings. Having two mirrors on the outside of the car doesn't help over having just one...all you see is the quarter panel sticking out,covering 2/3 of the mirror view. I look over my shoulder more than anything, along with using the rear view mirror. Even with the cobra spoiler on the back, the line of sight is still level to the bottom of the backlight. That's a good thing. I dont want to see how close these idiots are tailgating me here in Detroit anyway. They just don't understand.

I noticed the instrument panels in the Aoshima kit are fairly close, but still off. IE: there's only one knob on the radio, no knobs on the heater, no idiot lights above heater, and it's missing the vent controls above the e-brake handle.

Havoc, lemme know how my IP's compare to the kit, when you get it please...cheers.
Bronze21

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:19 pm

Roger that, Bronze!

If all goes as planned, I'll motor out ta pick up the Aoshima BoB next Saturday... Will post a comparison thereafter...

Great work, Bronze!

Until then,

Aloha,

Johnny B

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby Scar2783 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:43 pm

No offense intended but saying that a passenger side view mirror doesn't help is totally inconsistent to my experience. Over the last 3 years or so of owning and driving Falcons, not including the last 23 years of driving experience, the passenger side view has "revealed" more than one car that has been hiding in my blind spot, even with looking over my shoulder. If both side view mirrors are utilized probably, one shouldn't see a thing but the passing scenery in the mirror and not any portion of a quater panel. Although I've never driven a car with a Cobra spoiler, it sounds as if it doesn't come up as high as the Interceptor spoiler. On my black car, it blocks probably a good 2" . Dave is on this forum and rode in my car. He can attest to that.

M
"She's Meaness Put To Music And The Bitch Is Born To Run!"
Scar2783

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:15 pm

Indeed I can, Mark. While arguably the meanest, coolest car on the road, the Interceptor is a rolling "blind spot." In a way I don't envy you; the 'rubberneckers' that veer too close to my buggy on the road are bad enough, but I've usually got a pretty good visual at all times. My single outside mirror stinks, mainly due to the major bulge of the rear fender. The interior one helps big time, and I'm pretty much in a fish bowl even with all the windows zipped in. Things could be worse..........

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:37 am

Mad Manx, Ive been asked to write an article for an Australian modelling magazine on the Aoshima kit (sort of a review). I started building it last weekend, just basics such as sanding seam lines. One thing I did was thin out the bonnet nostrils with an exacto knife this improved a very minor flaw. Also watch out when attaching the spoiler end bits, I put too much glue and had to sand the excess down!! So far the kit is absolutely the best one of the year in any subject, for me!! Im just waiting to see what Pat Covert (of Scale Auto Enthusiast fame) does with his....

Cheers AndrewB

PS, I was in Adelaide last week and found all 3 MM novels for $15 aus, @ $7-8 us!!!
Theres been too much violence, too much pain
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:26 am

"face crashes into hands sobbing"i want one of those Aoshima modesl soooo bad LOL i keep getting out bid and i just am too cheap to bid again fearing i'll end up paying 600 friggin $ for one lol
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:01 pm

Andrew - My Aoshima kit should be in my hands by this weekend, and I'm getting more amped about it every day! I would love to see what Pat does with one as well; I've seen a lot of his work, and got to meet him this past March at a show I go to in New Jersey. I can't wait to see him this coming March, so I can tell him we share another interest.

Bart - Don't feel bad about getting outbid, as that's how I scored mine. I lost an auction by a whopping dollar, because I had to go back to work & couldn't mind the goings-on. I e-mailed the seller after the auction, and told him I was still interested in case his high bidder 'punked out,' or if he happened to have another....he just happened to have another. I've gotten several items that way, and IMO veteran Ebay sellers generally have several of any given item BESIDES the one at auction.

**disclaimer** Making deals outside of Ebay are sometimes seen as unethical, and are against Ebay's rules. "Buyer beware."

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:55 pm

Big Bopper Bart- Some of the prices on ebay are too much but at the end of the day an item is worth what someone will pay for it. To me the kit is something ive wanted since I was 10 plus thru hlj.com I got it for a reasonable price. Remember its a plastic kit after all so they will eventually make thousands of it.......

Mad Manx- I remember in an old SAE Pat explained in one of his columns that he is a major Mad Max fan. With his skills that kit will be totally awesome ( you,ll see this weekend when you get yours)

Cheers Andrewb
Theres been too much violence, too much pain
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:15 pm

Heya, Andrew,

I assume those are the novelizations of the movie --- for a second, I was hoping someonw had done some stand alone novels about Max before, between, or after the films.

Are the novelizations any good...?

I'm supposed ta pick up my Aoshima BoB this Saturday --- cannot wait!

Aloha,

Johnny B

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling