Aoshima BoB

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Aoshima BoB

Postby Scar2783 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:08 pm

Dave,

It's the second issue.

M
"She's Meaness Put To Music And The Bitch Is Born To Run!"
Scar2783

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:31 pm

Heya, Bronze,

Absolutely --- e-mailed you a few days ago, dunno if ya got it... I'm down with the flu for over a week and in my stupor, turfed your e-mail with your pricing and address... arg! Can I bug you to e-mail me all that jazz one more time? I'll hit the post office for a money order and drop it in the mail.

Thanks again for your patience, Bronze!

Aloha

Johnny B

mailto:havoc2448@aol.com

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:44 am

HAVOC...Youv'e got mail! Cheers.

SCAR...I'd actually thought of putting "Thunder from Down Under" between the tailights, on top of the bumper in that nice little flat spot, or even Main Force Patrol...might look cool. Haven't decided yet. Definitely a nice article in the mag. A couple of blunders though...nosecone being glass and not ABS...just getting excited. So which one's more fun to drive...hmmm?! I know dumb question...lol.

We all might e-mail him with pics of our cars and info for the AFFC...who knows, they might do a sub-page for the club...eh?

Cheers.
Bronze21

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:23 am

Update: Over at the model car discussion board I frequent, a user put up his photo album of his Aoshima BoB "out-of-the-box." I must say I'm impressed by the looks of the body proportions(someone remarked it's better than the Cavalier model, which I have yet to receive), and the idea of scratchbuilding the lower air dam & boot lid don't seem all that daunting now that I've seen it a little closer. Anybody have any thoughts? Oops, I almost forgot the link(slaps forehead, and says 'holy crap' to himself)

http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/model_photos/various_projects/aoshima_road_warrior/

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:15 pm

Hi Everybody.

My name is Andrew and Im new here. I received my Aoshima kit today and I can only say this, This Kit is absolutely a must have, Its virtually Tamiya quality and it makes the cavalier thing look rough...

You all must get this no matter what.....
Theres been too much violence, too much pain
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:02 am

Great, rub it in Andrew.....I was bidding on one during my lunch break today, and lost it by a friggin' DOLLAR just ten minutes before it closed. I had to sneak in and peek, but couldn't sign in & re-bid, as the boss-fella isn't too keen on us 'surfing' on his time. I made up my mind that I want one, and it's gonna happen.(Wayne Campbell voice)"Oh, yes.....It will be mine."Image

Welcome aboard by the way, mate.

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:47 am

Ouch! That really bites, Manx... Hate when that happens... Sorry ta hear that. You probably already know this, but you can order the Aoshima BoB from either Hobby Link Japan or from Monsters in Motion (for a mark-up of course) in the States... MiM has got mine in and I won't be able to drive down to pick it up for two weeks ---arg! Looking forward to this non-resin (and hopefully quick) build up!!

Thanks for the pix -- the Dinki Di dog food label was a great touch... Looks like there was no Dog or Max figures included with the kit... WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO GET A DECENT FIGURE OF MAX (& friends) IN 1/24th SCALE...? Believe me, if I could sculpt 'em I would!

Aloha,

Johnny B

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:11 am

Hi Mad Manx, I bought my kit off hlj.com and can recommend them. It worked out roughly $38 US dollars. I also noticed the way the sprues are laid out that the jerry cans and dog food are on an entirely different sprue, also the decals provide for the MFP logos.

This all leads me to conclude that they will be doing the MM1 version with a new body , (I,ve ordered the 2004 Aoshima catalogue) So Ill know in about a month!!!

PS, There are 2 mirrors on another sprue yet the instructions tell you to only use one.......

Regards andrewb
andrewb

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:21 pm

Update: My losing that auction turned out to be a "blessing in disguise." The seller e-mailed me to let me know he just happened to have another kit, and that he'd let me have it for what my maximum bid was. I wound up getting mine $1 cheaper than the high bidder!Image The $38 from HLJ is not including about $15-20 shipping to the US, as I understand it; I'm getting mine for a little over $60 shipped from a seller right here in the US, and I'll have it next week. I don't feel so bad for laying out the extra coin to save some time & international shipping hassles. I'll definitely pass the word when it shows up.

Andrew - As far as the mirror thing goes, I seem to recall the original movie car had only one. 1:1 BoB owners, like Mark S., will tell you that having 2 mirrors is a good thing.....Between the rear spoiler, tiny quarter windows, and the blower, that car is full of blind spots. He says it's worth the hassle you get from folks telling you Max only had one mirror. Max also didn't have traffic to deal with, if you ask me.Image

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby andrewb » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 pm

Mad Manx, Glad to see it turned out alright. Re the mirror youre right, but why has Aoshima got 2 in the kit???? The hlj price was plus $11 Aust dollars , post from japan is cheap here. Anyway once you see the quality in the model price becomes secondary.

Just look at what people are asking for all those crap resin kits!!

By the way I missed out on the Limited Edition one with metal supercharger........

Regards andrewb
andrewb

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling