Aoshima BoB

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:17 pm

Anyone seen or gotten this kit yet? I'm seeing them popping up all over EvilBay, and am curious if they're worth the $65-ish(with postage, on a "buy it now" from a seller in Japan) they seem to be going for? Just curious, as I need to hoard as many toys as possible before my fiancee becomes my wife(later this month, btw). TIA

I really don't need another project, between the Biante 1/18th-scale BoB I got unfinished from Grant Hodgson, and my Revellogram '70 Torino-based version..then the Cavalier model a mate in OZ has set aside for me. My "want" and "need" lists have a very muddy line between them.

**EDIT** Grant - Sorry for the typo, mate. I really need to look close before submitting things like this.

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:02 pm

Heya, Manx,

No, I don't have one YET, but have been waiting patiently for a few months --- Monsters in Motion has had an order in for them...going on three months or so now. I suspect they'll show up soon as they are also showing up on the Hobby Link Japan website. MiM's were retailing at $39.00, by the way...

Will let ya know when I get my hands on mine.

Aloha

Johnny B
"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:59 am

Thanks for the response, Havoc. I'm definitely more curious about the Aoshima one, as it's a styrene kit, and I'm still a "resin rookie." I've not been too impressed by the resin BoB models I've seen so far**, and was wondering if the Aoshima one would do the car justice. I' ve had several Aoshima kits in the past, and even their accessory wheel & brake sets showed great attention to detail. I'm still trudging along on the Torino version, as I've cut the base model up beyond the point of no return. It will have it's limitations, as the base model was not an Aussie Falcon, but I reckon I'll have a go at making it into a reasonable replica. By the looks of the Aoshima kit, it can only be built as the RW version out-of-box. I can justify scratchbuilding a lot of bodywork on a $12 domestic model a lot easier than on a $60 unit from overseas.....at least for now.Image

** My buddy Mark Scarselli from here in NY("scar2783" here on the forums) has two built-up versions of the Planet X resin model(if I recall correctly), and even he admits they are very out-of-proportion. The major plus is how well they were done by the builder, right down to the weathering on the RW version. When they were the only ones out there, I'm sure they were fantastic. Now, we all want bigger & better - nature of the beast, I suppose.

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby rockatansky4073 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:16 am

MANX - you can never have enough projects going.

I once had a HORIZON' T - 1000. HALCYON - DOG ALIEN, and a SCREAMIN' LEATHERFACE all going at the same time. Image
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:18 pm

Rock - Truer words have never been spoken. Besides, I'll need more small-scale projects, as my 1:1 buggy is going up for winter storage this month. Hmmmm.......(scratches chin).Image

mad_manx

Aoshima BoB

Postby XAMan » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:46 am

I've ordered both versions through Hobby Link Japan. I have receive email confirmation of the order but have yet to be advised that of total including postage.

I also went through the same process ordering the rc aoshima from them only to be told a couple of months down the track that it was no longer available ... but I live in hope.

Has anyone else noticed that the weathered 'limited edition' is freely available but the standard 'clean' car never seems to come up for sale? Curious.

Anyone got a 'clean' version they want to swap/sell?
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Aoshima BoB

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:34 am

Greetings. Scarceli has too many models as is...1:24, 1:18 that looks like his GT, TWO 1:1's...even got on the cover of Hemming's Muscle Machine...several page spread of his yellow GT...too cool. Funny thing though, the subtitle of the mag say's "The All-American Muscle Car Magazine"...but yet there's this OZ-some Aussie car on it...go figure...lol. PS: Looks like he has a case of Permagrin too. See, standing on the corner did help him buy all those nice toys...

I still have the mold and some resin if you guys want the 1:24 XBGT Instrument Panels...

Projects: 1:24 lit MM2 BoB, 1:87 Mack R600 B-Double Road Train, Mini Z (RC) MM1.5 BoB (full scratch), Mini Z (RC) Mack R600 tanker (MM2), 1:6 Max figure, Super Deformed Interceptor sedan (Rat Fink-style), 1:24 mack chase scene diorama, 1:18 scale version of my Custom BoB, and lastly the 1:1 scale version of my Custom BoB.
Bronze21

Aoshima BoB

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:36 am

HAVOC...you still interested, mate? I've pulled the three best ones I have and they're waiting for ya...Cheers.
Bronze21

Aoshima BoB

Postby Scar2783 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:39 pm

Thanks buddy. Hemmings was there in Dearborn and just didn't approach anyone. Their new magazine started up in September and they came to my house in June after I received an email from them. We discussed the subtitle a few weeks ago when they gave me an advanced copy of the magazine. As you saw, they put "American Thunder From Down Under" on the cover as well. They went with it on the cover because they said that Ford is an American company and a lot of the internals of the Falcon are of US design. They're actually hoping for people to write to them in that regard. I can tell you this, the people a Hemmings really like and appreciate[/font] the Australian Falcon. Speaking of which, Rod's car will be in an upcoming Mustang's and Ford's and Reed's will be in Car Craft. Finally the Aussie Falcon is getting the well deserved coverage it deserves.

These diecasts and models are engulfing my house too! They're all over the place. Howie has me beat by a long shot though!

M

"She's Meaness Put To Music And The Bitch Is Born To Run!"
Scar2783

Aoshima BoB

Postby mad_manx » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:59 pm

Mark - I picked up the "Premier Issue" of Hemmings magazine, and there was no Falcon in it....is yours in the second issue? Just curious, as I work farther away from the newsstand, and I'll be away all next week.

Dig your new signature, by the way.

mad_manx

Next

Return to Models and Modelling