Mack R model reissue!

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:22 pm

1973-1976 XBGT Instrument Panels for sale in 1:24/25th scale.

Greetings Havoc. Shoot me an email at mailto:bronze21mfp@hotmail.com with your address. The IP's are going for $5.00 each (US) and shipping is $3.00 (US). If you're in Hawaii like your signature suggests, shipping might be a tad more. I've been adding a lower quality IP with every order, just for backup, for another "Aussie" model. The detail is pretty good and accurate for a scratchbuild cast. The material is typical yellow casting resin. I went ahead and left the edges long for custom triming. They are made to fit the Revell 70 Torino GT Pro-modeller kit in 1:24th scale. Here's the "Broadmeadows" production run: http://www.angelfire.com/or3/monaro/Torino-XBGT2.JPG

Lemme know...Cheers.
Bronze21

Mack R model reissue!

Postby mad_manx » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:38 pm

I can attest to the quality as well, even though I haven't used them yet. Very nicely done, EJ. As soon as winter is here, I hope to make serious progress on my Revellogram '70 Torino-based BoB. Even though I've got a Cavalier Interceptor on the way from a mate down under, I've passed the "point of no return" on that poor Torino.....I need to do it now.Image

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Mack R model reissue!

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:37 am

Anyone who does do a replica of the ROAD WARRIOR MACK, has just gotta post up pics, damn thing looks almost too good to makeover, wish i had one, to go with my INTERCEPTOR's.

EARTH!
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:31 am

Another route to go for the Mack, is use the base model of the Mack Super Liner kit called "Thunder From Down Under" by Italeri. It has all of the necessary parts to make the R-type (NO! Not the "Tuna" cars!), except you'll have to shorten the frame, make the diamond plate tanks and bonnet. It also has the twin air snorkles, bullbar, close to correct visor, but it's LHD for some odd reason, no conversion. If I remember right, it does come with the Dayton wheels. Another truck to scavange is the Diamond Reo kit for Dayton wheels and the small round tank on the driver side. One other kit is available for the Aussie trucks: The Kenworth W900 Conventional "Australia" kit. It too has a lot of usable parts, including RHD pieces that fit over the existing floor pan. Just some ideas... Cheers.
Bronze21

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:32 pm

Have never even seen the Italeri kit. Is it redaily available? This reissue is the first Mack kit I've seen in stores in a decade. (And I look.) Need to get the catalouge from Jaymar models (posted a link above) They carry lots of resin conversion pieces for R- model Macks. Including: RHD dash, wheels, visors, Bull bars, even fuel tanks. They don't have many pics on the site, but supposidly the catalouge has pics of most everything.....
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:03 pm

Heya, Interdictor,

If it ain't too much trouble, can you post a list of the aftermarket parts and vendors you will use to convert the AMT Mack to the "Road Warrior" rig? I'm not a truck modeller and it would sure help types like me out!

Thanks!

Aloha,

Johnny B.
"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:04 am

http://www.jaymarmodels.com.au

That's the company I found. Need to get their catalog, and go through it. Supposidly they have photos of most everything in there. Haven't actually started the kit yet as it's supposed to be a "Christmas present" but, off the top of my head parts I / You'll need are:

Right hand drive dash conversion, Cab visor, extra smokestack(s), 6 spoke wheels, Square gas tanks, Mack style Roo bar, those air/snorkle things on the sides of the cab, (not a truck modeler either, so I don't know what they're called.) All of that stuff is listed as available from Jaymar. Some scratchbuilding will also be required.

Truthfully, until I start the process I won't know for sure what I'll need. Basically going to look at the film for referance, and go through the catalouge and order whatever It looks like I'll need. Will probably cost some good $$, but I want to do this project right.

I'll take a photographic journal for referance, and post it when done so you can see what I did. (won't be till sometime in early 2004, at least, though.)

Good Luck with yours!
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:09 am

Heya, Interceptor,

Thanks for the Jarmar link... I agree, this going to be an expensive conversion project --- looks like it's going to easily be over $100.00 in aftermarket parts...not to mention time and effort...

I'm debating using the tanker and adding the parapets and defenses to it --- of course, I gotta get the truck itself done. Did you find the trailer for it? Probably won't happen until early next year...too much to finish up now.

At some point I will make a list of the parts I think I need to accurize/convert the Mack. You truck modellers out there can tell me what I am missing. Keep us posted on your progress, Interceptor.

Aloha,

Johnny B
"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:40 am

I have a Max inspired tanker that uses a diamond reo Cab, and a tanker on it. It's not the right tanker, but I wasn't going for a direct replica, so it's cool. I made parapits out of sheet styrene, and you can make easy barbed wire by cutting a single strand of window screen, leaving the excess on it (looks like this: +++++++++++++++++++++++ ) Then twist it and glue it on. Looks great! I have not seen a "proper" tanker (that squished oval shape) with 3 axles, though. I plan to use my Mack to re-create the rig as Max first found it, with the canvas sided trailer full of junk (figure I can use dollhouse furniture, etc) So I'm on the look out for a sutible trailer along those lines.

You're right, this will be an expensive and time consuming project, but I'm sure looking foreward to it.

P.S., If you haven't seen them already, Go to the FAQ main page, and look in the files area, under Interdictor's pics (I think) to see a bunch of pics of my models. I'll warn you though, they were taken with a digital camcorder, and a lot of them are out of focus. Sorry.

Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Previous

Return to Models and Modelling