Mack R model reissue!

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:20 am

Ok, boys and girls! I already have mine preordered! (not through these guys, just at my local hobbyshop. The site I have linked to is just for referance, so you can see the kit. ) Apparently, a very limited release re-issue. even has the 6 spoke wheels. Not perfect, but it would appear that not much is needed to make a great replica out of this kit. I only hope it's not an offset cab model. It doesn't appear to be from the pics. I can't wait!!!

http://www.swiftsite.com/rosemonthobby/amtmack.htm
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:43 pm

Wow! Looks to be a pretty close match, Interdictor! Thanks for the heads up. Have you received yours yet...? I haven't seen this kit listed yet with any hobby shops...

I think the RW Mack has two exhaust stacks and some sort of rear fender arraingements (which would probably require scratchbuilding)... The "bull bar" on the front would also have to be scratchbuilt as well...

Do you know of any other differences and or/aftermarket parts to help accurize the Mack to the RW movie version.

I'm not much of a truck modeller but I might want to do a vignette with Max's V-8interceptor and the Mack...

Anyone got a clear idea as to what all that grafitti reads... I think the driver's door says "The Good Earth."

Thanks again!

Aloha

Johnny B

PS Still no black Interceptor model from Monsters in Motion...Arg!

"I Love the Smell of Resin in the Morning!!"
Havoc

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:22 am

I just got a call that the kit is in. I'll pick it up tomorrow. This is apparently a very limited kit. The shop I got it from, if you wanted one, you had to pre-order it. Keep looking though, I'm sure you'll find one.

There is a company in Oz ( http://www.jaymarmodels.com.au ) that has all sorts of Mack R resin pieces: Bullbars, RHD dashboards, etc. I need to get a catalouge, but it looks like they carry most of what the replica will require. As for the writing, it says...."The vermin have inherited the.." on the trailer, and..."Earth" on the door of the rig.

I'm going to attempt a diorama of the Tanker as it sat before Max found it. splayed across the road, with the guts of it's trailer spilling out. Wish me luck......:)
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:46 am

Sounds great, Interdictor...

Let us know how that Mack shapes up for the RW dio! Thanks for the info!

And I definitely wanna check out that website for the conversion parts... Wonder if they have 1/24th perforated steel plating...

Gotta talk to my hobby shop about the Mack --- he says he is getting it in and I wanna make sure one's got my name on it. Yeah, I thought of doing a small dio with Max's Interceptor parked in front of the Mack (though doing the whole truck would eat up a lot of space). OR getting ahold of a tanker body and fitting that out with the barbed wire, parapits, etc. a la the movie's finale...

And thanks for the translation on the graffitti!

Still waiting for the Aoshima RW Interceptor to show up at Monsters in Motion... Arg!

Aloha

Johnny B.

Havoc

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:26 am

Well, I've got it in my grubby little hands now, and it will make a great replica.

However, contrary to the box art, it does not have the 6 spoke wheels, it has chrome wheels with round holes. (Damn them!!!!) According to the box, It's a Mack R685ST for those who might be interested.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:49 am

Greetings. Perfed steel decking can be made by scribing lines with the back side of the x-acto knife on a thicker piece of styrene, then drill the holes with a dremel or a small drill bit. I used a 1/8" drill bit for mine in the mill at work, and it turned out looking pretty good. The ends I just filed the inside to give it the look of a stamped piece. Just and idea.
Bronze21

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:26 pm

Thanks, Bronze!

Yep. It sure makes sense! I think I'll give it a try!!

Yeah, I picked up the Mack kit, too and not only does it NOT have the Mack Spider wheeels pictured (several times!) on the box BUT it ALSO DOES NOT have the rectangular gas tanks pictures (several times!) on the box!! That is bogus and a freakin' rip off!!

Definitely gonna send a nasty letter to AMT --- this was not a cheap kit! And STILL waiting on the arrival of the Aoshima (?) injection molded RW Interceptor --- arg! Lots of disappointment in the world of Mad Max modeling!!!!!!! Where's Wex when you need him...?

Aloha,

Johnny B.
Havoc

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:48 am

Well, if you or anyone else is interested in a 95% accurate XBGT instrument panel for a 1:24/25th scale Pursuit Special or Interceptor, I still have a few.

Interdictor can attest to the quality...
Bronze21

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Interdictor » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:38 pm

Yes I can! I love mine!
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Mack R model reissue!

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:39 pm

Yeah, Bronze,

I'd be interested in one, maybe two... What exactly do I get with the item? What are the costs and shipping? And how do I get ahold of you?

Thanks, Bronze!!

Aloha

Johnny B
Havoc

Next

Return to Models and Modelling