Revell's Road Warrior Inspired Kits

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby DetritusMaximus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:06 am

So I was at my local hobby shop perusing all the fabulous packaged polystyrene afternoon wasters when I spied a 1/24 scale VW baja -type kit called 'the Killer Bee'. Interesting kit with baja gear, snorkels up the back and a couple 'Death's Head' decals plastered on the side. They went so far as to print a little story of how the world took a turn down a dead-end road.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen these kits and if there are any others in the series?

Click the link and view it's majesty:

http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/Revell-Monogram-KILLER-BEE-125--/itemRMX-2144.html
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby DetritusMaximus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:19 am

Hmm. Did a little searching and found two more of the "BlackTop Warrior" series. A Jeep Honcho pick-up named 'Pink Poison' (pretty weak if you ask me) and a Chevy truck with a Peterbilt nose (there was no picture, but I vaguely remember a kit that might be the original version from back in the 70's 'trucker-era').

It only took twenty years..........
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby mad_dan » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:00 pm

there is a model company called amerang there is supposed to be a mad max cars, probarbly the interceptor, but there are tons of other cars even cars from happy days
mad_dan

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:21 am

Yeah, those are DEFINITELY re-issues. I remember thinking they were lame the first go-around, but OK if you're first starting out. There was also a 1:24 600R Mack called Junkyard Dog that was all beat up and ratted out...too much so to build a decent tanker.
Bronze21

Postby DetritusMaximus » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:14 am

When I said they were re-issues, I meant they were 'normal' models that Revell changed a bit and re-released. I don't know if the 'Black Top Warrior' series has had multiple releases or not, I just saw them for the first time. If I am correct, a dubious statement since I have yet to find a pic of the third kit, the Chevy truck/Peterbilt mix, I am thinking it is a re-issue of the old "Sneaky Pete" kit from the late 70's. Couldn't remember the name of it before.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the Junkyard Dog. I think there was a 'nice' version prior to that.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby DetritusMaximus » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:35 am

Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby mad_dan » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:49 pm

my gramp from holland (R.I.P) had LOADS of WWII aeroplanes, so many there in a museseum, he used to be a fun park mecanic, he used to give my mum free rides on stuff and let her have free goes on games
mad_dan

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:47 pm

The black-top warriors title is a new thing...the next generation of marketing. You found the original kit boxes...cool, still don't care for em though...lol. Outside of the little micro-sizers Black that I'm doing instead of getting the no38 Max body, I haven't seen anybody do a Japanese "super-deformed"...anything. It might be cool to do a little SD diorama tanker chase scene.
Bronze21

Return to Models and Modelling