UK model shops??

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

UK model shops??

Postby camchain » Tue May 20, 2003 11:40 am

Does anyone know of a model shop where I could get a large scale plastic or resin model of a falcon from? I'm trying to build a radio controlled car from relative scratch and I really want to make the XA falcon from end chase in MM2 (Idealy in the state it was in before it got hit by the Mack truckImage) I can't seem to find any shops in the UK that do large scale kits of anything but Imprezas and Focus Rs' in rally trim.

Can anyone help????
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

UK model shops??

Postby Bronze21 » Tue May 20, 2003 9:55 pm

One idea I'm considering myself, is going down to the (soccer mom/girly) hobby shop and getting some green floral foam, and carving out the basic shape of the Falcon (XB in my case), then coat it with body filler putty (bog in UK?), then make a plaster mold of it. Pull the foam out and do a thin (2-3 layer) fiberglass layup and paint it...just something I've been thinking while my 1:1 scale XB floats over on the boat. Also, instead of a glass layup, do you have acess to a vac-form machine to pull a part out of ABS or Lexan (perspex is too brittle)? Hope this helps somewhat...
Bronze21

UK model shops??

Postby camchain » Tue May 20, 2003 11:45 pm

Cheers Bronze. I supose that'd probably be the best idea. Fibreglass and body filler putty isn't too hard to get. Halfords do a good line in that sort of stuff and I'll need some to fix my missus' fiesta too Image
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

UK model shops??

Postby 'Dog' » Thu May 22, 2003 11:14 pm

Fiestas and body filler make good bedfellows...Image

I had an '87 1100cc 'Festival' and an '89 1100cc LX, so I speak from experience!
------------------------------

Not only are dogs superior to humans, they're superior to snakes and kangaroos and rabbits as well...^^
'Dog'

Return to Models and Modelling