Max's van

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Max's van

Postby mad_dan » Sun May 18, 2003 9:16 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3521211117&category=223

this is max's hj holden van or whatever, the model on ebay UKP14.99
mad_dan

Max's van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon May 19, 2003 8:05 am

They got an actual model of it somewhere, not a DIECAST. the address for where to get it is on the FAQ's MODEL SECTION, been thinking of getting it for a few years now, but its expensive.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Max's van

Postby XAMan » Tue May 20, 2003 5:23 am

Hey Rock 'n Dan

I've never seen a dedicated van kit but it may well be out there.

I am ... as soon as I've paid the school fees and registered the family hack ... buying one of these to do a Max van. I've already done a 1/43 interceptor and have a trax monaro ready for the nightrider treatment.

The van presents a few curly problems:

It is a very orange (officially Mandarin) colour whereas the film car was a solid red.

The 'Sandman' decals have to go.

The rear panels need to be black with a mural on the ... from memory ... drivers side.

More significantly the front end treatment will be difficult to get right as the film car had a Statesman grille and rectangular headlamps. These are actually ford Falcon rectangular lamps set into the holen nosecone. This was quite a popular and common mod in the seventies.

Finally the wheels are the Holden GTS sports rims and are the wrong pattern and size (originally ROH Eliminators?.

The film car may or may not be a Sandman. Even with the car in the flesh it would be difficult to tell as the ID plate for a Sandman is the same as a Belmont with bucket seats and M20 trans ... it was an option on a Belmont rather than a model in its own right.

That said it's the closest I've seen and a good place to start.

My plan is to make the car just before Jessie gets some tips on road safety from Toecutters gang ... complete with starpicket protruding from the radiator/grille.
XAMan (Pete)

'Lingerie ... remember lingerie ...'
XAMan

Max's van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed May 21, 2003 8:07 am

My main concern would be MAX's big 'gordy' painting he has on the side of it, cause the MONSTERS IN MOTION kit, doesn't provide a decal of it, you gotta do it yaself

Thats where i'd do a screen grab, shrink it till it fit, and make my own decal.

someone let us know, if anyone has attempted this already.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Return to Models and Modelling