XBGT IP's have been cast

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:52 am

My2Door: "You want the parts, you talk to me." lol.
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby AussieCoupes » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:46 pm

Too funny Bronze21.

"Yeah if you want da parts, you see Bronze21" LOL

www.aussiecoupes.com
AussieCoupes

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby mad_manx » Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:40 pm

I just realized, I'm on that list twice! Here I'm known as "mad_manx," and my e-mail address begins with 'plasticman1432.' Bronze, I hope that makes things a little less difficult.

P.S. - You should have my $$ for the IPs any day now; I mailed it this past Saturday. Thanks!

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:28 pm

No worries, mate. The post is corrected, and the parts are ready to ship on Monday. Thanks.
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:53 pm

Yep! Got the mail Saturday at work. They'll go out tomorrow (Monday), and you should recieve it on Wednesday or Thursday at latest. Look for a little black Gatorboard box with a white logo. Just peel up the black crap (crepe) tape on the top, and it'll open. Hope you guys like em...Cheers.
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Interdictor » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:21 pm

Just got mine yesterday, and i'm very happy with them. I now have my Interceptor torn apart for the rebuilding/dash installation. This should go a long way towards helping my horrible TNT kit look like a proper interceptor. I'm finding that a fair amount of trimming is required, but that is in NO WAY the fault of the dash, and entirely in the shortcomings of the TNT kit. One of these days I'll break down and get myself one of the Monsters in Motion kits, until then, THANKS Bronze 21, (in more ways than one) for the wonderful pieces! Everyone with an Interceptor kit needs one of these Dash pieces! What are you waiting for? Get a couple now!
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:31 pm

Just curious, how much of the actual IP ends do you have to trim? As you know that IP is built for the Torino. If you need to section it, I'd cut it in the middle of the glove box and section it there...filling in the defrost vent and rescribing it. It works well in the Monsters kit. After all, it was a 70 cuda IP from Revell that they used...the hosers. The extra "flash" is for wider kits or to use as a mounting point to the unibody. Glad you're happy with them...any "extra" uses?
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Interdictor » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:57 pm

Actually, just the "flash" was in need of removal, and a slight sanding of the top corners to conform to the windshield curvature of the TNT kit. (what a piece of dukey that thing is!) Not yet sure what the other IP's will go into...one will be saved for the MinM kit, and the 3rd? hmmm... Don't know yet. Perhaps a Torino based Falcon project is in order.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:18 pm

The first two are from the second mold. It's a better grade of silicon, hence better detail retention. The one marked M1.A1 is from - mold 1.Class A 1, which is a little bland in it's detail retention and of lesser quality. I'd like to know what the IP looks like in the TNT kit...I've never really seen it. I didn't know how the other kit dimensioned out, so I left it 1/8 inch long all around. Glad it fit with little work. Looking forward to pics...
Bronze21

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling