XBGT IP's have been cast

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Interdictor » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:18 pm

Bronze 21 has scratchbuilt very correct looking Instrument panels (IP's) for all those Interceptor kits that came with horribly inaccurate dashboards. A must for any proper Black On Black scale replica. Haven't seen them in person,but the photos look exellent.

He (correct me if I'm wrong) used the Torino GT & Plymouth gtx kits for a base, so if you are using the Torino as the basis of your Interceptor, it should be a direct replacement. I suspect it will look great in my TNT kit as well. (Even if trimming is required, it will have to be better that the one in there now!)
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:39 pm

Wow! Thanks for the kudos Interdictor.

The IP's ARE a direct replacement for the Torino GT/Cobra 1:24 Pro Modeller's kit. I put the scribe lines in the part so it can be trimmed to the line to fit in the Torino. I left it long all around, so it can be cut to proper length for any of the other resin Interceptor/sedan kits.

My Monsters in Motion kit came with a modified 70 Revell Cuda IP and door panels. I felt extremely ripped off when I looked at the movie again. The kit was $90 US, and I bought 2 of them. I wish i could see some of the other IP's in other kits.

It's also Mitch's fault. He brought up the personally sore subject as well. Therefore, over the Christmas break, I decided to build a "Correct" XBGT IP. It took 19 hours, 47 parts for the buck, and about 2 cases of Mello-Yellow to complete. Then I casted about 50 of them, trying to get a dozen that were perfect. I have since poured another mold, and perfected the process.

Pics are still on the way...Bugger!

Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Interdictor » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:43 am

You don't want to see the one in the TNT kit! I think it came from a Geo Metro. Horrible. Not even kinda close. The only thing that's correct about it is the wheel is on the right side.

BTW, I really do want a couple, but it may be a couple of weeks before I can get a check off to you. I just didn't want you thinking I just blew you off.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Mitch » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:00 am

ME? MY fault!!! Story of my life.... LOL! (Big time!)

I forget what I said to precipitate this project, but at least some good has come out of it.

Mitch
Mitch

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:28 am

Mitch: Yeah. Yeah... It's NOT MY fault... how many movies and people at work have I heard say that one. lol. It was around Thanksgiving, and we were talking about the resin kits. The discussion was about the resin vs. kitbashing pros and cons when you, yes you, stated that you'd wish somebody would come out with a "correct" IP for the Falcons. I jumped on the bandwagon and actually made one...err...57 now. I needed at least four of them myself. So instead of making them individually, I started casting them, and thought about passing them on to you blokes at a price that was enough to cover my material costs and some of my time. Besides, it's kinda cool to have an exclusive market and help you guys out.
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:45 pm

Ok i want a dash for my torino Pursuit Special i built how much are they? and where do i send the money to?any info would be greatly appreciated Thanx

ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:35 pm

Bart: Send a junk e-mail to mailto:E.J.Zadina@jci.com and I'll return you all the facts and address. Price is $5.00 bucks a part and shipping is $3.00 for 2-3 day priority. I'm sending all "A" quality parts first.

Everyone else... OK guys. The parts are sitting here in my bin. Come one come all! Step right up folks and get your very own "correct" XBGT instrument panels. All for the very low price of $25.99. But, for today only, they're going for the very reasonable, very low cost of $5.00. Remember, this offer is only good through today. Hurry, quantities are limited. Time is running out. Supplies will be gone once you log off Peter's site.

Interdictor, you're excused.

Root beer is extra...
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby AussieCoupes » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:48 am

okay here is the IP you have all been waiting for!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/or3/monaro/Torino-XBGT.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/or3/monaro/Torino-XBGT2.JPG

They are HUGE but that is how the came to me!

Phil
www.aussiecoupes.com
AussieCoupes

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby Bronze21 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:58 am

Yeah!!! And the masses rejoiced! Sorry about the file size guys. Those are taken on the medium setting on my camera, and set at 50% on Painter 6. Looks kinda like the original production run at Broadmeadows, eh?
Bronze21

XBGT IP's have been cast

Postby my2door » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:06 am

aussie coup excelant repo of the dash soon as i got the money ill get a couple cheers
xbintercepter
my2door

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling