My Mad AMC AMX Model

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:37 pm

Careful with that Mack 600R kit, I have had 2 over the years and both were the offset cab model (as opposed to what was represented on the box art) $80 for the Sulaco is actually a good price from what I can gather. I'll have to check out Comet. I have delt with John F. Green models before and have been happy with them. Like I said, keep your eye out for that Land Cruiser, It's really worth your time.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby batmax5 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:13 pm

Thanks Interdictor.

I will look for Tamiya's Land Cruiser at the hobby shop.

I have a Mack (with the correct non-offset cab) that in my apparent Mad Max psychotic confusion I built into a satin black 4x4 junkmobile. When I got my models out yesterday, on this one (and none of the others thankfully) the glue seems to have completely disintegrated. It completely fell apart. I am going to try to rebuild it as a more close approximation to the one in the movie. Don't know yet how close it will look. It has taken a lot of damage.

Re: Aliens, I don't have models, but I have just about every action figure made, including Ripley and Call still in the boxes.

Batmax
"If it's all the same to you...I'll drive that tanker."
Bigger pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim5bass/
batmax5

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:41 pm

Do you happen to recall the box art or manufacturer for that Mack? I'd love to get a proper kit, but having been burned before, and as they are all out of production and therefore expensive, I'd like to know I'm getting the right one

Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:56 pm

Interdictor: The box art for the Mack 600R has a red cab and hood by AMT/ERTL. I can't remember the frame/tank color. It was a re-release that came out 2-3 years ago. Note: it only has one aircleaner and the wrong rims. Yes, they're "Dayton" wheels, but only 5 point, not 6. For the stacks, rims, bullbar, aircleaners/filter scoops, sunblind and other parts, I bought the Australian Hauler kit ($56, US). You might want to try HobbyHeaven.com out of Grand Rapids MI. for the Mack/KW/Tanker trailer. They are reasonable on prices and usually have the OOP kits new/sealed and used/partially built.

As for the Jo-han kit, that was my second 'Ceptor. I cut it behind the doors and along the roofcap/greenhouse and grafted 1/2 an inch onto the overall length. Everything else was scratchbuilt or canabalized from the first 'Ceptor...a 69 Shelby Mustang. What fun.

Bronze21

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:12 pm

i got the RIPLEY na CALL figures as well as the NEWBORN and sh*t, they were really cool, rare though.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby batmax5 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:33 pm

Interdictor,

I have probably had this model for 20 years. I have no idea what the box looked like. I have most of the pieces. but it has seen a lot of abuse. I cut a hole in the hood for a blower and mounted dual wheels on the front. I may have to use a differert truck's frame to rebuild it. I hope to get to the hobby store today to look for Tamiya's Land Cruiser and some other donor vehicles. It is hard to find models that come with the typical aftermarket 14" chrome air cleaner and stock valve covers.

Batmax
batmax5

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:55 pm

The AMT/Ertl Plymouth Duster has really great engine detail(s) Also, If you don't mind spending a little $ check out Detail Master products. Your hobby shop should carry them or you can go to their website. I absolutely LOVE their distributer kit. Highly reccommended! They carry spun aluminum air cleaters & such that add exellent touches to your engine compartment. The dizzy kits retail about $5-6 and the cleaners, $ 6-12 depending on style. The Tamiya Mitsubishi Montero is also a good kit With full suspension etc., but has independant front susp. and I much prefer the solid axle setup that the Toyota has. Good luck on your search.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:36 pm

so tell me..did you keep the model AMC powered?"crossing fingers"
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby batmax5 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:12 pm

Yes, the 69 AMX has an AMC engine in it, although I don't think the blower came with that kit. From now on though, everything will be Chevy powered.

I have 3 big block Chevy engines sitting in front of me now, each slightly different. Don't know yet where each will go. Everything I do is low budget, and my models reflect that. A dirt track racer told me once that he took his exhaust manifolds off and put them back on upside down, so he had the pipes sticking up through the hood. One of these engines will be set up like that, as soon as I can find something to make Cherry Bomb glass pack mufflers out of.

Batmax
batmax5

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:23 pm

Detail Master makes aluminum Glasspacks too!
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

PreviousNext

Return to Models and Modelling