My Mad AMC AMX Model

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby batmax5 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:23 pm

I built this a long time ago, and I finally got around to taking pics. I think it is a 1969 AMX. I painted it green because I don't like black because black tends to hide detail. There are 4 pics that hopefully won't take too long to load.

"If it's all the same to you...I'll drive that tanker."
Bigger pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim5bass/
batmax5

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:37 am

Yup, that's Jo-Hans 69 AMX. Nice job. next to flat black Olive Drab is my favorite automotive color. it just screams "I'm all business"
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:34 am

i agree OLIVE DRAB is a cool colour, i used it on my ALIENS APC model. plus the jerry cans that sit in the back of my MAX 2 INTERCEPTOR.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:51 am

That a Halcyon (sp) APC? I've got one, they're getting quite hard to find anymore.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:47 am

yeah HALCYON, made the coolest ALIENS models, i got them all but the SULACO.
rockatansky4073

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby batmax5 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:16 am

Thanks Interdictor,

Getting this car out and taking pics has motivated me to build some more battle vehicles. And I have a box of pretty twisted things I built a while ago. I will take 'a piece from here, a piece from there' and see what happens. It looks like my next project will be a big block Chevy powered 1965 Pontiac GTO monster truck.

Batmax
"If it's all the same to you...I'll drive that tanker."
Bigger pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim5bass/
batmax5

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Interdictor » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:42 am

batmax, I like the way you think! The parts bin special is the way I build most of my models as well. Have a look at your local hobby shop(s) for Tamiya's Land Cruiser kit. It's out of production, and you may not find it, but if you see one, TRUST ME, buy it! I have used this kit as a base for several of my projects. Full working suspension all the way around, steering front wheels, real rubber tires. Accepts a V/8 from other kits easily. A really great chassis to start a spare parts inspired battle vehicle.

rockatansky, You have the ultra rare Nostromo kit too? I have managed to find a couple on E-bay over the years but at an average $200 for the kit, It's too rich for my blood. I haven't even found a Sulaco yet.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:02 am

yeah i get most my kits from COMET MINIATURES, bloody expensive but they got all the HALCYON's and a couple of different SULACO's and APC's that arn't halcyons

JOHN f GREEN are good too, they trade models you don't want anymore. I traded a vinyl halcyon ALIEN QUEEN, that had bent into like a crouching pose cause the previous owner had left it in the sun, for a cool RELIC KOTHOGA kit.
rockatansky4073

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:33 am

Greetings. Four times a year, down in Toledo, OH., there is a massive model and toy show. It fills the local Mudhen arena and ajoining conference center. Last time I did see the Sulaco going for $80. It's 1:2500 scale(?) by Halcyon. Haven't found any Falcons yet, but I've seen the Kenworth Outback Hauler, the Mack 600R and the Freuhauf Tanker Trailer though if you wanted to make the chase scene.
Bronze21

My Mad AMC AMX Model

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:42 am

yeah we get these giant MODEL and COMICBOOK CONVENTIONS down here in tasmania sometimes, i picked up an awesome JUDGE DREDD - MEAN MACHINE model from one for $10.00, awesome bargain.
rockatansky4073

Next

Return to Models and Modelling