Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby Peter Barton » Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:05 am

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby v8interceptor » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:48 pm

Did any forum member win?...
"Shut the gate on this one Max.It's the duck's guts"."Yeah,she's the last of the V8's."
v8interceptor

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby Bronze21 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:35 am

Greetings. I know this is digging up the past, but I just got one hand-delivered all the way from Tokyo. It's pretty accurate. It's the "clean" version. I'm worried about replacement parts though...of course it's going to spend most of it's life on the shelf. It ran me $110.00 US. I'll probably only ever see one...so I jumped for it. Later.
Bronze21

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:05 am

they're getting pretty common on the BAY, now ain't they.

Did anyone manage to catch those awesome THAI POSTER's?
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby mad_manx » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:20 am

A local guy here runs a shop/racetrack that specializes in & caters to Kyosho RC cars. He's gotten a few models that are supposedly "only sold in Japan." I asked him about the Interceptor, and he says he can't get it. He offered me his buddy's static model of the "weathered" one(no running gear; just body/chassis plate/wheels - can be fitted to another Kyosho car) for $100. Knowing that figure is waaaaay off-base, I simply told him I'd prefer the shiny one anyway and passed on it. I resisted the urge to tell him his buddy's gonna need a good amount of Vaseline because that body has a lot of sharp edges on it.Image
"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:02 pm

you clever fiend - MANX
rockatansky4073

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby mad_manx » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 28 April 2003

you clever fiend - MANX

The last thing I want to do is offend the guy; I just may need his help someday. My grandfather used to say something like, "don't (expletive deleted) where you eat." Besides, a co-worker is one of his shop's 'regulars.'
"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:19 pm

$100.00!!!??? Just for the body!!!??? Hell, I just got mine hand-carried from Tokyo today for $110.00...mint and unopened in the box! It's cool as hell. The scale is a little weird though...1/28th? The box is about the size of 2 shoeboxes side by side. The remote is bigger than the car, and it's 27 Mhz, so that means my Micro-Chargers remote works on it too. The only things I saw wrong on it (as far as authenticity), is the flat black goes along the bottom of the rockers behind the rear wheel, and doesn't flare up to the rear spoiler, so the whole tail is gloss. Other than that, just add the boxes and the spare tire, and poof, it's ready for the Outback. It's cool...if you have the funds, I'd get one.

Now if my 1:1 scale version would hurry up and get here...lol.
Bronze21

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:49 am

One thing i've never understood, is the scale term 25th scale. Most of my models are all supposedly 25th scale. meaning they should all be around the same size, yet my 'Running ALIEN 3' towers over the PLANET X INTERCEPTORS, and the damn thing is way taller than my PREDATORS, and actually its taller than my POWERLOADER too, I know the QUEEN ALIEN should be bigger than the LOADER, but not a pissy little DOG WARRIOR ALIEN. My point is all those models i've named are labelled the same size on their boxes, but next to each other, their nowhere near.
rockatansky4073

Kyosho Mini-Z Racer

Postby Bronze21 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:23 am

If it's the one I have, the dog is supposed to be 1:12th scale, same as the basic alien. I know of some of the kits out there, especially the Korean copies, always seem to FUBAR some of the details in the translation. Compared to the 1:25 Interceptors or the 1:18 Falcon, where does the loader fit...how tall is Ripley? The GI Joe figs I used to have were the 3 3/4" type, which was about 1:16th scale, and with a little shaping, could sometimes pass for a large/tall 18th scale. The 12th scales are close to 6" tall, and 6th scale is about a foot tall...like the road warrior resin statue. Even when building cars, I'll use oversized 25th scale parts on a 24th or undersized 24th on a 25th. Unless you have a scale and know the proper dimensions, you kind of have to guess or figure it out yourself. I'd just go with what looks good if you're building a diorama...my two koku's worth.

Mitch do you remember the math for scaling something...I'm having a senior moment right now...besides I usually work in 1:1 scale...and in mm's to boot.
Bronze21

Next

Return to Models and Modelling