"Correct" XBGT IP update: How many?

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:32 pm

Greetings. I'm working on the XBGT IP now and would like to know how many parts am I going to need to cast. The part will fit 1:24/25 scale plastic and resin models. The endcaps are going to be left long, as well as the windshield pad for custom triming to your application. The buck is being built to fit the Revell Pro Modellers '70 Ford Torino GT kit.

Timing: The plan is to start shipping by Feb.

Shipping: I'm still looking at $5.00 (US) price range per part. For shipping, I'll take the parts/box down and send it 2-3 day priority if in the US (it's something like $3.00 for up to a pound). For international orders we'll have to work something out.

I can be reached at work via E-mail at: mailto:EJZadina@JCI.com if you have any questions. Thanks.
Bronze21

Postby mad_manx » Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:15 am

I'd be down for at least one, maybe two would leave me a larger "margin for error" in case I botch one...No, nobody's ever done that right? Image I'll send an e-mail tonight. Thanx!

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Postby 5.7 Interceptor » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:13 pm

LMK if you need more dash pics as my windscreen is removed and I'm about ready to tear aprt the dash so I can get heaps of pics without the steering wheel.

I can also give you high res pics if you have high speed.

E-mail me at my main addy 5.7interceptor@cogeco.ca

Doug
5.7 Interceptor

Postby AussieCoupes » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:24 pm

Bronz21 sorry for the slow reply I hardly ever get in the model section you are much better off sending me an email Image

"Is there only two H/AC vents on the IP" - Yes in the Max car there were only 2.

"is the fuse box cover below the vent by the door?" - the fuse box is in the right kick panel.

"As far as the defroster vents on top, I see two long, narrow vents." - correct

"on the right "wing", is the stack-up the wiper controls, clock, AC vent then fuse box cover" - if you are sitting in the drivers seat the right one from the top is lights, clock, vent. The left is Wipers, ashtray and a blank (that was used for integrated a/c).

Phil
www.aussiecoupes.com
AussieCoupes

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:58 pm

New news... It looks like late next week or early the following week, the guys are going to be pouring silicon for the molds down in the wood shop. Parts should be rolling off the line shortly thereafter. I'll send pics to Peter and/or Phil to post before anyone commits. I didn't put all of the little tiny bezels around the gauges and left out some other small details, but the overall shape and dimensions are as close as I can get from just pics. I hope the numbers and needles read through the mold when it's cast. If they don't, I used the Revell 69 Shelby Mustang kit for the tach, speedo and radio, Revell 71 Plymouth GTX HVAC controls, and Revell 70 Torino GT kit for the oil/water/fuel/volt gauges if you want to super detail it.

Bronze21

Postby Interdictor » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:15 am

I look foreward to the pics, and would be interested in at least 1, perhaps 2 as per mad manx's post.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby Bronze21 » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:22 pm

OK! The buck is built and awaiting silicon down at the wood shop. SO...everyone who is interested in one, or two, or more...send me an E-mail at mailto:EJZadina@JCI.com and I'll send you some pics. If you like the part, e-mail me your snailmail address and we'll work something out for shipping logistics. the parts should be poured in the next couple of weeks. Cheers.
Bronze21

Postby Interdictor » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:06 pm

Hey, I tried to send you an E-mail, but it was returned as undeliverable.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Postby Bronze21 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:05 pm

Interdictor: Try it again...our server is from the stone age. If mailto:EJZadina@JCI.com doesn't work, try mailto:E.J.Zadina@JohnsonControls.com . Is the e-mail addy correct on your profile? If so, I'll contact you, ok?
Bronze21

Postby Interdictor » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:27 am

Yeah, my mail is correct. I'd love pics.
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Next

Return to Models and Modelling