"Correct" XBGT instrument panels

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:50 am

Greetings. I'm thinking of making a "correct"/master instrument panel for the 1:24/1:25 scale XBGT Pursuit sedans and Black on Black models, and wanted to know the interest out there for such a thing. The part would be cast resin and would include the GT gauge cluster and bezels, H/AC vents, glove compartment and a bit of Acetate for the gauge covers. The windshield fairing and IP end caps would be left extra long for trimming to your custom needs.

Price: The more I make, the cheaper they'll be. If I can, $5 bucks (US) plus shipping.

After looking at the Monsters in Motion kit, I realized they used an IP and modified seats out of a '70 Plymouth Cuda of all things. The door panels are out of something totally different. Plus, seeing some of the comments and talking to others using the Torino GT styrene kits as a base model, or the resin cast vehicles with the wrong parts, I thought "Why not help others out, eh?"

Lemme know...cause otherwise using the wrong parts for such a car... "That would be dishonest, low."
Bronze21

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:26 pm

Sign me up for one. I've been meaning to do the same for awhile now. I can never find the time to model for enjoyment, as it is also my job. Takes some of the fun and motivation out of it... Also need a 1:1 scale version dash pad and center console. LOL!

Mitch
Mitch

Postby mad_manx » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:25 am

I'd have to be a nutter to pass up a good panel like that, especially for only "a fin" plus postage. I'm on board too; just say the word. Thanks!

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Postby Bronze21 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:23 am

Mitch, what do you do for a living?

Me, I work in the 3-D department in design in Plymouth, MI., building autoshow properties and concept interiors for the next generation of cars, stuff the general populace won't see until 2015. You could say I live in a fantasy world and build 1:1 scale car models all day long.

As for the instrument panel, I'm going to try and get to it over the Christmas break. I have 23 days off this year, so I'll try to get the benchmark/prototype done, then get some pics out of it. Would mid-January be too late for some?

Now, if somebody had a REALLY good straight-on shot of it, I could scale directly off of the photo, using the Torino kit as the buck. One last detail I'm fuzzy on though, is the proper gauge details. I don't have a really good pic of them. Anybody help?

Bronze21

Postby Mitch » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:42 pm

Hey Bronze,

I'm a professional model builder and exhibit designer/fabricator. I work for a company that does a lot of architectural, litigation and museum models. We also do a lot of stuff for Boeing. Stuff Al Qaida will be seeing long before 2015...

No rush as far as I'm concerned. I'll commit to a sale, as long as it's a workable part, and you sound like a fella who know's what he's doing.

I've got a 1:1 scale Falcon, with a GT style dash, but it's kinda beat up. I'll post some photos, but I'm sure some of the Interceptor replica guys, or the GT owners could post better. I'll check around and see what I can dig up.
Mitch

Postby mad_manx » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:37 am

Mid January is no problem for me either. I did my research at the Carlisle Ford Nats this past summer(thanks again to the Horners & Mark S. for letting me lurk in their midst & the shade of their tent!), and started savaging the Torino shortly after that. As I recently put my 1:1 toy up for the winter, I can turn my attention to smaller projects like the Interceptor.

As far as what I do for my regular gig, I work for a web-based European car parts business. Models remain a hobby, as they have for about 25 some-odd years. A few of my "babies" have wound up in model magazines like Plastic Fanatic, Scale Auto Enthusiast, and most recently Model Cars.

"Y'know - piece from here, p-piece from there....it just sorta happened, Max."

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
mad_manx

Postby v8interceptor » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:44 am

Where can I get a 1:24/1:25 Falcon GT sedan? seems to be that Biante makes coupes only...
"Shut the gate on this one Max.It's the duck's guts"."Yeah,she's the last of the V8's."
v8interceptor

Postby Bronze21 » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:43 pm

Hey guys, If you want to go ahead and e-mail me some pics...ratty or not, i could start on it sooner. My address at work is: mailto:EJZadina@jci.com I have some pics that I pulled off of the cars for sale on Madmaxcars and Aussiecoupes, and that will be a good starting point for the basic shapes.
Bronze21

Postby AussieCoupes » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:04 am

Hey guys just email me and ask for this stuff, I don't mind sharing if I got things I can share. A few shots are on the way to you. Hope that is E_J_Z... !

Phil

www.aussiecoupes.com
AussieCoupes

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:46 am

Thanks for the shots. It's definitely a good starting point. I'm getting anxious to work on it again...and STILL saving my pennies for a 1:1 scale version.

Wish I could find a financier...

First, I have to put the new interior in my 1:1 model. It should only take a couple of days...famous last words.
Bronze21

Next

Return to Models and Modelling