Why does the new N2Toys Todie figure have dolls?

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:58 am

I recently got my new The Road Warrior Mad Max series 2 figures off eBay and was wondering why does Todie have dolls instead of the hacked off fingers and a axe or something like shown in the pics on http://www.N2Toys.com?
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby Peter Barton » Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:30 am

I actually thought I had a better image of this (I'll keep looking), but if you check the picture below you'll see that Toadie has dolls hanging at his waist on both the left and right sides. If you watch the film at this point (running down the hill to the crashed interceptor), you should be able to see the dolls fairly easily.

I think originally he was meant to have the hacked of fingers, didn't a couple of the prototypes have a few more "violent" items that were removed from the final production models?
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Postby Humphrey351 » Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:43 pm

I guess the company decided to be more politically correct and leave out the severed fingers on the Toadie. I do remeber on the original announcement on one of the sites they had shown the Toadie figure with two hands, one with and the other without fingers, and you could interchange them. Likewise the Golden Youth figure, was to come with two heads, one intact, the other with the boomerang in it. I actually haven't had a chance to see the figures in the stores yet, but something told me the company putting them out was going to not include such "cool" features.

Mike
Remember him when you look up....when you look ....AAHH NIGHTRIDER!!!
Humphrey351

Return to Models and Modelling